Chapter 45: 6 months after

6 months later

6 months later.......

The past 6 months had flown by.

Life was somewhat peaceful yet never boring.

Me and Valentino are better then ever, I've found my person and it feels great. I've moved into his room now.

The mafia is thriving, day by day the it gets stronger and I love this life, I join most of the missions and the adrenaline that runs through me before every mission as a constant reminder that I've made it.

I've made it in life, I have an amazing boyfriend that my heart aches for every time I think of him, and I have a family. A real family, despite them not being blood.

Elena and Theo had a pretty...messy break up. If you could even call it a break up that is, Theo up and left one day only sending a single message to Valentino to apologise and say it's no longer his path in life.

Valentino was angry, at first but he calmed down. The only way out if the mafia is death and he felt hurt that Theo didn't think Valentino would make an exception for him.

It's different, Theo is his best friend and I think part of him was hurt that he didn't say goodbye.

Elena was a mess but she seems to be moving on now, Malcom has taken Theo's position, and Sam has taken Malcolm's.

I was proud of Sam, I had trained him and through out my time here he had become like a younger brother to me.

———————————————————————-

It was a beautiful summer night and Valentino would be taking me out to dinner.We spent a lot of time together, however we rarely went on dates.I stood in front of the mirror adding a pair of diamond ear rings.

I wore a short white silk dress with thin straps and white heels, my hair fell down my back in loose curls and I applied subtle makeup.

A subtle Smokey eye, a bronzed face and a coat of gloss.

"You look beautiful, amore".

I tuned to see Valentino, his arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the door.

He had a black dress suit and black pants. The top buttons of his shirt undone as his muscles pushed against the material.

"And you look handsome as ever, diavolo".

He chuckles.

"Would you?" I ask holding up my necklace in front of him, and he walks over standing behind me as we both turned to the mirror.

I looked at him through the mirror as I lift my hair up with one of my hands. He's so perfect, from his perfectly chiselled jaw and the pools of hazel in his eyes, to that warmth that he only shows to few, the warmth that settles deep in his guarded heart.