Chapter 35: Fighing for her

I woke up early the next morning, I had hardly been sleeping but I managed to get some now knowing Chiara is safe

I knew the chances were that she was always safe, but when you live this life, you can never be sure.

My alarm woke me up at 5am, which may seem a tad dramatic but I wanted to be about when Chiara was here.

I didn't want to miss her, and I know that she wanted the complete opposite, so I figured she would come early.

I took a shower and got ready for the day, making sure to wash in her favourite scents, before heading down for breakfast.

I pulled my plate with eggs and bacon before sitting at the table and eating.

Elena is right, I need to fight for her. I fucked up and it is my job to fix my mistakes.

"Your up early" Theo commented.

"I am" I bluntly replied, "I need you to cover all of my training today" I ordered to which he nodded.

I could do the rest of my work from home so that wouldn't be a problem, but I won't risk leaving
The house, knowing my luck that will be when she comes if I do.

We had less then a month before training was finished, so I probably should be going, but this is more important. It's more important to be here when Chiara is here.

I would rather loose all of my men then her, hell I would rather loose the whole empire then I would her.

I would live out of a cardboard box, as a bigger if it meant I got to have her by my side.

Everyone left for trading and I had returned to my bedroom, nervously pacing around. Then I heard it.

The soft click of her door, and I found myself filling with anxiety.

I hadn't seen her since I found her in that room, and I wasn't sure how she would react to seeing me. I wasn't sure how I would react to seeing her.

I walked over to the door hesitating before pushing it open, I didn't knock as I knew if I did she wouldn't answer.

Hell, she would probably escape out of the window.

I froze in spot at the sight of her, her actions mirroring mine.

I almost forgot just how beautiful she really is.

She wore her usual outfit, black pants, a black vest top, and Chucky boots. Only now her thigh strap had retuned filled with knifes, and I didn't miss the gun she once again had tucked in the band of her waist.

She was on guard.

I couldn't blame her for it, I would be too. It was just a ping time since she has been so tense around me. She had started to only wear her strap when in missions or in public places, but now she was fully geared up.