Chapter 29: Bruises

I pulled my hoodie over my head leaving me in just my vest top and Valentino's black, Calvin Kline boxers

I pulled my hoodie over my head leaving me in just my vest top and Valentino's black, Calvin Kline boxers. I had put them on this morning, but they were covered because Valentino's hoodie practically swamped me, reaching my mid thigh.

I examined my arm where a bruise was beginning to form, leaving an imprint of Valentino's hand.

I wiped away the tears that fell from my eyes at the sight. He's not like this, I know that, but I told myself I would never be that girl. That I wouldn't do that to myself, but for him. For him I think I would do anything.

My body was covered in bruises and hickeys already but you could see that this was different, the bruises he would leave from sex were more purple, but this one was a dull grey, this one hurt to touch. This one hurt to look at.

I tried to forget what had happened and made myself  busy, putting the pillows back on the now lopsided bed, that had all fallen during this mornings...activities.

I tried to fix the bed by tightening the screw but only ended up loosing it, causing the whole  left side of the bed to crash on the floor while the right side was still perfectly intact.

Great.

Fucking perfect.

I wanted to cry again, but I didn't.

I rarely get emotional but when I do it lasts the day, and it seems to be happening a lot since the charity gala.

Since I met Valentino.

I sighed as I ran my fingers in circles over my temples trying to calm myself down.

There was a firm knock at the door but I ignored it, I didn't want to see anyone right now and I hoped they would just assume I wasn't in here.

The knock cam again and I was about to ignore it but the sound of his voice filled my ears.

"Chiara"

It was him, not the version of him I say earlier, nor the one I know, his voice was weak and desperate.

I slowly walked over to the door, fully intending to open it but as I reached out to do so my hand paused.

I wanted to see him, I did, but I don't think I could handle a repeat of what just happened.

Maybe he hadn't calmed down.

And if would happen again.

I needed to wait until I knew he was calm, because it would only end badly for both of us if I opened the door and was met with the Version that took over earlier.

"Chiara please" the tone of his voice told me exactly what I needed to know.

I opened the door slightly so he could just see me "hey" my voice was quiet and nasally from crying.