Chapter 34: L is for Lost

It has been nearly two weeks since Chiara left, and Valentino has been going out of his mind, it pains me to see how much of an effect this is all having on him

The bags under his eyes get darker everyday, and, he spends most of his time in the basements, where all the cells are.

At first he was there torturing and killing, he needed a way to cope and that was the path he chose, but now, now he spends his days getting rid of all the things Chiara wouldn't like, In hope that it would some joe bring her back.

I'm worried about him. I don't know how he will cope if she doesn't come back.

He changed everything, from the littlest things to the biggest.

He started with the cells in the basement, to be more specific he started with the cell that Chiara was in when he found the documents in her bedroom.

Cell '147'.

He took the cell down. He didn't want to remember the way he had treated her that night, and he didn't want her to have to look at it ever again.

I was starting to wonder if he was loosing it. His mind went through all of the little problems in their relationship. Changing them, or getting rid of them as if it would erase what happened.

He made little changes to the house, and adding small things he had noticed her look at when the walked around shops.

He was going crazy, and you can see how much he misses her, which is why I feel so guilty for hiding the fact I've spoke to her.

Everyone was calling her, leaving her voicemails and messaging her none stop, and it just so happened that when I called. She picked up.

She hasn't said a word to him, or anyone else other than me, but she asked me not to say anything so I haven't.

I feel bad for not telling Valentino, he's worried that she may not be safe, but if he looks for her she may not talk to me anymore.

I'm not entirely sure why but she's not mad at me, shes not even upset, at any of us. Only Valentino.

I've attempted to get her to hear him out but she won't, she won't talk about him at all.

I've passed on all of the information about the mission, Valentino has plans the day after tomorrow to go to a poker game, where Iran Orlov will be.

He plans to kill Him then , and Chiara still has no interest in coming back or even talking to him.

I know she's hurting, but when one of us goes on a mission like this, there's no guarantee that they are coming back.

She's decided she will take no more part in the mission and has already gone back to her life, she has took her place back in the underworld, doing paid hits.

We've all grown to care about Chiara so it's hard for us to see her so hurt, especially when we are all the cause.

In a way I wish she was mad at me too, because it's hard to watch Valentino take the blame by himself when we all had a part, but it's different for him.