Chapter 7: sparks

Hours went by, the sun came out and the night sky disappeared, and with it wen the pain in my chest

Hours went by, the sun came out and the night sky disappeared, and with it wen the pain in my chest. The last emotion that has survived in me.

I pulled myself off the ground and walked inside,ignoring the pain seeping through my body with each step and breath I took.

"Chiara, what the hell are you doing up?" Elena almost shouted.

"Looking for your brother actually, have you seen him?" I asked acting unbothered.

After a 10 minute argument of Elena attempting to get me to go back to bed she informed me that Valentino was in his office. I'm not sure why these people are acting as if the care for me, they haven't even know me a week.

When I reached Valentino's office I knocked on the door.

"Come in" his voice was low and he sounded tiered.

I opened the door to find Valentino seated behind a dark oak desk looking through some papers. As usual he is wearing an all black suit.

His shirt was wrinkled and his hair his messy, with faint bags under his eyes suggesting he hadn't slept or changed clothes.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" He asked with a cold expression glued to his face.

"Probably,but shouldn't you" I retorted already bored of this conversation. "You look like shit" I informed him in return for the confused look he shot me.

He only let out a tiered sigh "what can I do for you miss Moretti?"

"I would like that meeting" I told him.

"Very well, be at the meeting room in an hour".

I nodded my head before returning to my room. Not the hospital room, but the room I stayed in when I first arrived and to my luck me things were all still here, untouched.

I walked into the bathroom and slipped out of the sweaty,blood soaked clothes that have been stuck to my skin for the past couple of days.

I turned to look in the mirror barley able to recognise the reflection. My legs covered in bruises covered by the dry blood that had come from the stab wounds in my leg.

My ribs had now tuned into a dark purple shade. Some areas almost black.

Mt arms had bruises similar to my leg with a wound on my left shoulder, almost identical e to the wound on my hand below.

My cheek was brushed Purple with a cut on my lip.

My head pounded underneath the layers of matted hair.

I let the shower run and when it got to the right temperature I stepped in. My skin felt like it was on fire from the water running over my wounds.

I layered my hair with conditioner and brushed through the messy knots. Before washing it and adding some more conditioner.