Chapter 40: games

I'm going to kill each and every one of these pricks

I had been sat in this cell tied to this chair for hours and Mr Orlov has only just opened the door.

I had to resist  the urge to ask about Chiara for if he realised how much I cared for her, he could hurt hurt more.

The fact that he's only just come into me now made my heart rate pick up, what if he's been torturing her since we got here and that's where he's been? Or worse yet, what if he's already killed her.

The thoughts rushed through my head like crazy and the idea that he's hurt her made my skin crawl and my body feel like it was over heating, though I'm pretty sure that could be down to the fact that basements like this tend to get pretty hot as it it.

We have the heat cranked up to the maximum, or put so low you would shiver all day. For dehydration purposes.

My mouth felt so dry, and there was a dull pain in my head.

"Mr Orlov, to what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked smirking up at him.

"Don't get too cocky Mr Hart your the one tied up here".

I chuckled "so how did you know then?" I asked.

My Orlov swung his fist into my face, and it was safe to say he needs to hit the gym.

"I'm the one asking questions here" he snapped.

I rolled my eyes "well actually, I believe you'll find that since you walked into this room in the only one that has actually done that".

"Don't test my Patience" he warned, like a little puppy.

"How about this" a wide grin stretched across my face "I'll ask you a question, and then you can ask me a question, like a game" I offered in a cocky manner.

There was no need for my cocky manner, but I need to get him riled up enough to stay in here as long as possible, I didn't want him going to Chiara.

"That sounds fair" he said pulling a chair opposite me and taking a seat "since my plan is to have my fun with you and then kill you after anyways" he laughed.

Weather that's the plan or not i hope he knows how ridiculous he's made himself look complying with this.

"Are you going to answer my question then? I'm getting bored" I mocked.

"That little rat you sent in, not too good, tried to hard and got caught out pretty much straight away. That phone call he made, was on orders. He's dead now though" he answered.

I'm not too pleased with the fact he's dead, considering breaking Omertà requires a much colder set down.

"Your turn" I smirked at him.

He didn't take it well, as he sent another fist into my face, this one hurt a little more then the last and he's going to need to stop doing that. What? I bruise like a peach and I would like Chiara to at least recognise me when I go in for a kiss.

"Stop with the attitude" he spat. He clearly doesn't know that much about me if he thinks that's leaving anytime soon.

"What in the right mind made you think you would be able to come after me on your own and actually succeed in killing me? Not only did you bring No back up but you had your weapons taken upon entry and still tried it" he laughed.

What? Bring no back up?

Wait.

That means he didn't know the others were with me. So they are safe?

I looked back up with a smile "I guess I over estimated my abilities" I joked causing him to bring a knife straight into my thigh.

I let out a grunt, hiding how much it actually hurt.

"Attitude" he reminded.

I needed to fighter out what he had done with the others without letting him on.

"So the others, they were all your men, well and woman" I said the last part as if I was mocking him.

I knew how capable Chiara is, but she's the only woman I've ever met quite like her, and I'm not supposed to know how good she is.

That is until Mr Orlov begins to speak reminding me that he is well aware on just how capable she is "no, the two men by my side were my men, Elijah and The American had heard about my Poker game else where" he pulled out a cigarette taking a long puff "and that woman,is a lot more powerful then you realise. Being the king of the underworld you should know that" he laughed.

I obviously knew what he had meant by that but I had to stick to my story now "how so?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Chiara Moretti, the Assassin" he stated and I make a fake face of realisation.

"Yes, and considering I had to knock them all out to avoid any complications I would imagine she will soon be on my trail" he clicks his tongue.

Relief washes over me as I realise that Chiara is safe.

"Mt turn" he leans back into his chair "why exactly are you after me?"

I"you betrayed our family years ago, you don't really think we have forgotten about that do you?" I ask.

"Ah" he sits up "well that's all of my questions, but I'm feeling generous so I'll allow you one more" he asks with a cocky grin.

I smirk up at him "so do you actually torture people down here, because not only can't I hear a single sound but you've only made three moves on me" I chuckled.

That also didn't go down very well with him as he pushed the knife back into my thigh sending shoots of pain up my body and I had to suppress a scream.

"The walls are soundproofed you bastard" he yells.

And I only smile up at him.

Of course I knew that they were soundproof as I didn't hear him walking before he entered the room, but I was having fun.

He threw more and more punches at me, before starting to slice open my skin with a knife, and it was safe to say it was very fucking painful.

But once again I wasn't going to show him that.

Thomas did one good thing forcing me to hide the pain well.

So being the polite guest I am I smiled up at him once again.

"Keep smiling Mr Hart, because in a couple of hours when I'm satisfied with this I'm going to bring some pliers down and pull all of your teeth out"

Safe to say that one wiped the smile off my face.

Oh no. Maybe I took it too far. Chiara definitely won't want to kiss me if I have no teeth.

"Will do" I said smiling once again.

Well I suppose I could get some sort of veneers installed.