The Planner

*2 Weeks Ago*

Jack was hungry, so hungry that his judgement was grossly impaired. After spending the past few years going several hours away for his food and killing the victims he stalked, police presence began to get too heavy within those areas. Jack could not bring himself to risk being caught or seen, thus leading him to the predicament he was currently in. During his visit earlier in the day, a police officer had nearly caught sight of Jack, leading to him narrowly escaping that terrible fate. Deciding to hunt closer to home, he wandered down streets with his black hoodie up, covering his blue mask in the pitch black night.

As he passed by a liquor store and continued down the quiet downtown streets, he quickly hid himself to the side of a building as he saw a large hospital. The bright, fluorescent lights illuminated a young woman with (h/c) that was slowly walking to her car while holding a can of pepperspray. Very observant, thought Jack to himself. He could go another few days without food, but any longer and he would absolutely need something in his stomach. As she got into her car and began to drive away, Jack followed her with his unusual speed. He kept an unnoticeable distance so as not to be seen. She would be his prey tomorrow night and he would need to know her routine in order to be quick and effective. Normally he would spend much more time analyzing his victims to ensure he wouldn't get caught, but with his hunger at an all-time high, it just would not be possible.

As he continued to follow her, they were both suddenly next to a large park with several homeless women sleeping on a bench, their sign asking for food and clothes leaned up against the bench. He witnessed the (h/c) girl suddenly park her car on the side of the road and lock it before getting out and approaching the women on the bench. He hid behind a public restroom in the park while continuing to observe. He saw her carefully walk up to the women with several waterbottles and granola bars in her hands. It seemed that they recognized the woman, jumping up to hug her as soon as they saw her and giggling happily. Jack scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. He had seen homeless people all around; in fact, they were arguably the easiest victims. But was it normal for the occurrence unfolding before his eyes? Normally, other people rarely spare a glance towards these people, almost as in shame and embarrassment. This was an anomaly.

The girl kept laughing and talking with the ladies, and he could just barely catch the conversation.

"I'm sorry guys, I would've brought more but it was just such a long night last night and I didn't have the time or energy to pack more. I have a day off tomorrow, so I promise that I'll come back with more!"

"You don't have to worry about that (y/n), you know we already appreciate you so much for everything you've done. Please, take your day off." The other two women muttered in agreeance. The woman chuckled sweetly and agreed before hugging the three women and then getting back into her car. After starting the car, Jack witnessed the girl roll her window down and stick her arm out while still smiling contently. Was she happy to see them?Jack continued to ponder while cautiously running behind the three homeless women so as not to be seen. As this (y/n) woman arrived at her small, desolate house, Jack hid within the small grove at the foot of her driveway. He watched his prey hungrily as she happily hummed while skipping to her front door and unlocking it. He slowly moved to the side of her house, where he was able to continue to observe her as she made herself a piece of toast and flipped on her TV. Peculiar. This was almost... too easy.

Jack contemplated his next move in his head but didn't get far before the woman finished her snack, flipped off the television and headed to her bedroom. As Jack continued to walk to the side of her house, he frowned deeply as he realized her bedroom blinds were down. It's not like he was trying to be a peeping Tom, he simply wanted to understand her routine better before striking. As soon as the lights flicked off, Jack simply resorted to climbing up a tree within her backyard and waiting for her to emerge from her home in the morning.