The Relinquisher

Face pressed against cold concrete, (Y/n) could feel the tears dried upon her face. She wasn't sure when she had stopped crying, she just knew it had been a very long time. What is his goal here? Power? Control? Whether it was both or neither, (Y/n) could not understand why she was dragged into it. Numbness and sadness penetrated her being. I wonder if people are looking for me... probably not. A sigh left her as she continued to wonder what her fate would be. The metal door locking her inside this dark, torturous room opened suddenly. (Y/n) did not bat an eye, simply choosing to stay within the same position, not caring whether she lived or died at this point. Self-loathing was the only thing pervading her mind consistently. Of course, she didn't want to die. What was the point of living, however, when she didn't want to play into his game? She was exhausted, and not only the kind of exhaustion that one felt when they didn't get enough sleep. It was fatigue from constantly being scared, not knowing answers as to why she was here, and also not knowing if or when she would be killed

Footsteps resounded as they slowly headed her way, (Y/n) choosing to remain face down on the floor, resting on her cheek. Her eyes landed on the pair of clean black boots that were a few mere inches from her face. Her eyes continued to be trained on them, observing the few scrapes and slight traces of mud betraying her original presumption that they looked new. A gloved hand reached down and put another sandwich on a plate in front of her face, along with another bottled water as well. Even as the hand retreated, (Y/n) stayed in place. A sigh was heard above her as the boots stayed in the same spot.

"Come on, (Y/n), you need to eat." She recognized the voice anywhere, as it was the only voice she had heard for days now.

"What's the point? You're just going to kill me anyways," (Y/n) replied in a raspy voice.

"And why do you assume that?"

"Because what else would you want to do with me? It's been days." Stillness filled the air, and just as she thought he was going to leave her alone, he began to speak yet again.

"I'm not going to kill you." (Y/n)'s brows furrowed as she finally caved and used her arms to push herself up, now looking up at the masked man while being seated.

"Then, what could you possibly want from me?" Jack stayed quiet for a little while, seeming to think about her question. He suddenly did something bold, something (Y/n) didn't see coming from a mile away. Jack sat right across from (Y/n) and slowly began to take his mask off. (Y/n) could hear the thumping of her heart as it raced against her chest.

Though she didn't know exactly what she had been expecting, she definitely knew it wasn't this. In front of her was a man with medium brown hair, gray skin, and seemingly no eyes. Well, there seemed to be sockets, but a dark substance had been apparently occupying them. She continued to stare at the man in front of her, unable to move even if she wanted to.

"I see the shock written on your face. I understand, but I need you to also understand me and who I am." (Y/n) said nothing at all, opting to allow him to explain in his own time. "I'm not human. I know that's hard to believe, but it's the truth. I need you to simply listen to me and then draw your own conclusion." (Y/n) took a minute to think about his proposal, before nodding firmly. As she listened, all she could do was stare at his foreign lips, attempting to understand the human- no, the eccentricity, in front of her.

Author's Note: I'm currently home from work with strep throat, so that's great 🙃 anyways, what do you all think of the new picture and description for the story? I'm also currently brainstorming other Creepypasta story ideas. I'll be posting a link to a poll soon where you guys can vote on which premise sounds most interesting. Also- debating on whether to upload two extra chapters between today and Saturday. What do you guys think? Let me know and I just might.