The Reminiscer

*Please play song above before reading. If the song ends before the chapter, you may play it again, but it's not necessary*

Salt-filled tears fell to the carpet as ears were ringing; still, they were able to capture the sounds of a woman crying. A young child, with beautiful blue eyes filled with confusion and disdain, continued to break down over the image before him. Little Jack's parents were fighting once again, resulting in his father slamming the door as he abandoned their family for good. In Jack's eye-line, he witnessed his mother collapsed on the floor, crying just as he was, with pills in her hands. As she made eye contact with him, she whispered out simple words- words that Jack felt he would remember forever.

"I'm sorry, Jack."

The last thing he ever heard before watching her swallow them whole, life leaving her body as though it never really belonged anyways. Police lights shown through the windows of the dark night as Jack continued to stare at her lifeless body before him. Everything was a blur, the only thing remaining in his soul being the look in her eyes- the look of inhumanity, the look of sorrow, the look of agony. How had they known about her death, anyways? Jack didn't call for help. Everything was unknown, from how he got to the hospital afterwards to how his dad remained missing. Jack was never really the same after that. The first betrayal he had ever experienced was at the age of 5 years old, in the form of both his mother and father leaving him alone and broken in different ways. So, why was he remembering this now? Wake up, Jack. Wake up. WAKE UP!

Jack gasped as he awoke from his nightmare, only to realize upon returning that he was still in one, just slightly different. If it was a nightmare, why did it feel so real, though? Was this... a memory? Why did I remember that? I was always told I'd never remember anything from my humanity because he took it away. Wait a minute... (Y/n)! He quickly stood up and realized he was still in the basement. Looking down at his body, he realized he must have passed out from the pain. Looking at his watch, he saw it was now 5:06 in the morning. I must've healed in my sleep... my wounds are gone. As Jack turned around and observed his surroundings, he began to try to find evidence of where Jeff might have taken (Y/n) to. His eyes landed on the notebook she had been writing in. Deciding to start there, Jack picked it up and began reading her entries.

I don't know how much longer I'll live... I guess this isn't to anyone specifically. I just want to jot down my last thoughts. I don't feel as though I've lived a great life. Well, I am happy with my career and the people I've met along the way. I guess I just mean that I wish I could help more people. I wish I could do more for this world. After all, it really is just cruel and torturous, isn't it? I mean, the humor of it all is really just something... I was kidnapped by a man named Jack. He's not a human, or so he tells me. It's so weird, though. Even though he's not a human, he's still more humane than most people. He hates humans and I can't really say I blame him when I really think about it. He's kind, caring, and he seems to be a deep thinker, which I heavily admire. I saw him without his mask for the first time today, and I've gotta say that even though a lot of his qualities are very obviously not human, he still isn't bad looking. Who knows? Maybe if things didn't end this way, we'd get to know each other and be friends. I think we could've even tackled our demons as a team. For now, I can only hope he finds peace and happiness in his life, even though I don't know what that really entails. Well, I guess this is it. Goodbye.

Jack felt a hybrid of many feelings and emotions inside him. He didn't have time to dissect any of it, however. He needed to find her. As he continued to flip through the pages of her notebook, he noticed various drawings and sketches throughout, most of which were terrible. Jack smiled softly. It's very obvious she tried her best, though. Cute. Jack's smile quickly disappeared as he reached the very last page in the notebook. Wrath filled his system as he read the words that presented themselves to him over and over.

Catch Me If you can :) - your best friend.

Disgust filled Jack's system as he chucked the notebook against the wall and stormed out. Jack packed weapons and medical supplies, along with food and water for (Y/n), before setting out on his journey to find her. This isn't over... I WILL find you. Knowing Jeff for many years was bound to help him. He knew that due to Jeff's cockiness, he would leave hints along the way. The note he left itself was a clue. Jeff had capitalized the letters CMI intentionally. When rearranged, CIM, which stood for Cache Inventory and Materials, was a secret storage unit that all the creepypastas had access to that was over an hour away from the mansion. It was for longer missions that would take days or weeks at a time. Jack had only been there a handful of times- he was never really required to go on longer missions because he needed him to do experiments, mostly with Cody, and treat other pastas. He knew where it was, regardless, and it would be a long journey to get there. As Jack ran through the woods with his supernatural speed, his worry grew as his distance shrank to the storage unit. Jack had done things that were far from humane, but Jeff was a whole other ballpark. Jeff was truly psychotic. Though Jack never really cared about humans, Jeff went the extra mile and enjoyed torturing them, something that Jack really didn't understand, and in fact found sick.

*50 minutes later*

Jack knew he was getting close to the storage unit, resulting in him running at a faster pace. Who knows what he's done to her. I hope she's okay. Jack found himself picturing the girl's dead body looming over him, bloody and bruised. He shivered the thought away. He didn't know what he'd do if that were the case. It's true that he had presented two options to (Y/n) prior to her disappearance- either living in the basement forever or killing her. Jack knew he didn't have the heart to kill her, though. She had been the first and only human to continue to exhibit kindness and grace even through his kidnapping. He refused to kill such a beautiful human, inside and out.

As the storage unit came to Jack's sight, Jack's breathing increased tenfold. He looked around to ensure there was no one else there upon arrival, before hopping the fence and approaching the unit. He halted in his tracks as he stared at blood drops leading to the door. Reaching a trembling hand out, Jack input the pin and took a shakey breath before reaching out his hand and opening the unit. Blood drops continued into the unit as Jack passed by the various supplies. As Jack reached the end of the unit, his eyes rested upon a bicycle with a folded up paper taped to it, decorated with a blood smear. Jack snatched the note and began to read.

is she still alive? are you yet a wreck?
i wonder how good she'll ride when i slice her neck <3

With a loud yell, Jack chucked the paper and kicked the bike while punching it with his gloved hands. After several minutes, Jack stopped punching while he shook in place, breathing heavily. Feeling his knuckles pooling blood within his gloves, Jack looked around the rest of the storage unit, hoping for any other clue. His eyes rested upon a poster that seemed out of place. Taking the paper down from the wall, Jack decided to bring it with him to the next destination he felt Jeff may go based on its contents. For on the piece of paper was a waterfall that was a few hours away from the storage unit with more blood smeared on it. Jack knew Jeff was toying with him, and for once he didn't care. As long as (Y/n) was okay, he would play into his game.

Author's Note: This is the double upload spree for a while 😅 normal upload schedule continues. I'll see you in two weeks.