The Captivator

"Truth or dare?" Truthfully, Jack had no desire to play the game. Partially because of what happened last time, and partially also because he had a lot on his mind, at the moment. Why didn't she run or get help when we were at the gas station? Does she really trust me to protect her? Jack didn't particularly care if that was the only reason she was currently with him. He'd rather be used by her than to not see her at all. Call it selfishness or call it neediness, it was the cold, hard truth. As Jack sighed, he looked at the hopeful look on the girl's face. He knew he'd feel guilty if he said no to the game. Jack couldn't let her down, so he responded with hesitancy.

"Okay, fine. Truth or dare, (Y/n)?" The hold that this woman had on him was astounding, but Jack didn't even mind. She had so much more control over him than she even knew, and Jack knew this was a sign of him falling deeper for her. It was destined to end poorly, but Jack knew that as long as he had (Y/n), it would be okay.

"Hmm... I think I'll pick dare!" Jack snapped out of his thoughts and began to think of a dare.

"I dare you... to read me your favorite quote from No Longer Human." The girl giggled with embarrassment as she picked it up and began to search the pages. As the sun through the window shone on her figure, he began to observe her secretly once again. The way her (h/c) shined, how her cheeks raised when she sweetly smiled with her beautiful lips, and how short she was compared to Jack's large physique. Everything about her was ethereal and just perfect.

"Now, you can't judge me for this. I'm sharing a deep part of myself that reflects my thoughts and feelings with you, because I trust you. Ready?" As she met Jack's tender gaze, she found her heart beating faster. Why is he... looking at me like this? He's so... handsome. Gasping, she shook herself out of her thoughts and feelings. What an odd thing for me to think at a time like this. Clearing her throat, she decided to read, ""Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness. Everything passes. That is the one and only thing I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell. Everything passes."" (Y/n) looked up at Jack, feeling vulnerable through sharing the thoughts that she had shared with the author. Deciding she didn't like the feeling of one peering into her glass house, she shut the book and asked with a fake, cheery smile, "truth or dare?"

"Truth." (Y/n) wondered what Jack was most like when he was vulnerable, as she had not seen it up to this point, truly. If him loving her was not a lie, like he claimed it was, then maybe she would've and could've seen him at his truest. Due to the nature of his last question and what it had brought out of her, she felt it was safe to ask him a deeper question than normal.

"What do you feel is your reason for living?" Jack looked at her in shock, knowing she was asking him the same question he had asked her at the mansion, the one that changed the tides and made him realize she was as pure as she seemed.

"Honestly, I don't really know. You could say I'm still trying to find it." Jack smiled bitterly, knowing that it was a half-truth. As he looked at her, he could tell that she knew he was holding back. Knowing that the point of the game when picking truth was to actually tell it how it was, Jack decided to be more honest than usual. "I think you're a big reason why I live." (Y/n) looked at him with an unreadable expression that was tender and more vulnerable than before, as she gulped at his answer. "Truth or dare, (Y/n)?"

"Truth." He could tell she was nervous, as she was gripping the book in her lap tightly, knuckles turning white.

"What if I had said that I really did love you last night?" The atmosphere shifted as their questions continued to get deeper and deeper, both feeling sensitive and delicate. As they subconsciously leaned closer, (Y/n) finally responded.

"I would have needed more time to think about what that means. And I would've asked you what love means to you." Jack nodded slowly, afraid that if he moved, the whole world would come crashing down all around them. "Truth or dare, Jack?"

"Truth." Jack had chosen this on purpose, knowing already what her next question would be. He had suspicions that her entire goal of playing this game had been to extract the whole and total truth out of him. Frankly, he loved her too much to continue to lie, knowing how much it had hurt her the night before.

"Do you love me?" Time came to a stop, as if every star and galaxy were giving the two privacy to process their conversation.

"Yes. Yes I do love you." (Y/n) and Jack's eyes both began to water simultaneously, both afraid that if they moved or spoke, the moment would pass them by only to never return. With a nervous gulp, Jack finally broke the silence daringly. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare." It was clear to Jack that she had wanted to change the subject to something more comfortable by choosing a dare. That's not how this works though, (Y/n). You wanted me to be vulnerable and share my feelings, so that's what I'm going to do.

"I dare you to kiss me." Goosebumps raised on (Y/n)'s arms, as the air surrounding them became both cold and hot at the same time. Finding fear taking over her, (Y/n) gulped again before leaning forward, feeling Jack's tender lips on hers at long last. Sparks went off around them so vibrantly, that the 4th of July would be jealous. And, at long last, both Jack and (Y/n) were at complete bliss with their vulnerability; the weight of the world now feeling small and insignificant.

Author's Note: So... they've finally kissed. 😌 I have a couple announcements to make below, so please keep reading.

Good news: Is that I'm happy to say this story is over halfway completed! Don't be mistaken though, they're not out of the water yet, since Jeff and Slenderman are likely looking for them still. This story will likely have a total of around 50 chapters overall, give or take. I estimate it will take several more months to finish, so don't fret quite yet! I'm so honored to have the views and votes that I have acquired through this. I appreciate every one of you that have made it this far!

Bad news: Is that I am taking a month-long hiatus starting today from writing. University starts back up for me on Monday and I need to focus on that and work. I promise you, I will be back in exactly 1 month to continue the regular uploading schedule. In the meantime, check out my new Yandere Jeff the Killer x Reader story, 'Fatalities'! I will upload chapter 27 of this story on the 2nd of February when I come back. I'll see you soon! :)