The Gatherers 🍋

*14:40*

"Alright, that should just about do it." (Y/n) and Jack had just gotten back to the motel room with more supplies; mainly, they had bought food and water for (Y/n), since Jack was set for the next few days for his appetite. As they both finished packing everything into the backpack, he looked over to see (Y/n) flopped onto the bed tiredly. He smiled as he sat down next to where she was laying. "Are you still tired?" Without opening her eyes, the girl nodded.

"I'm just tired of being in a cramped car. That, and moving around. I wish we could just find somewhere permanent." Jack thought about what she said, seeing why she would feel that way. They had been on the run for a little more than a week, which was quite a long time when he really thought about it. He had done longer missions in the past that had taken several days, but he needed to remind himself that (Y/n) wasn't used to this. He could see the exhaustion on her face and could definitely sense a difference in her energy. Laying on his back right next to her, he exhaled deeply before closing his eyes.

"Then, how do you feel about staying here an extra night?" (Y/n) opened her eyes before sitting up, staring at the man with his eyes closed in disbelief.

"Really? We can?" Jack opened his eyed and nodded at her with a small smile on his face. (Y/n) grinned heavily before hugging him while repeatedly thanking him. Jack gave her the money before letting her go to the office to pay for an additional night alone. At this point, Jack felt he could genuinely trust the girl. She had, in fact, kept her promise to not run away that one night, despite their argument beforehand. Although she hadn't admitted she had feelings for Jack, he felt that she very strongly might, due to her kissing him and being comfortable with cuddling. He could wait for her answer regardless.

As (Y/n) entered the room again, she hopped over the bed excitedly before laying next to where Jack was sitting once again. "I got us another night. Now we can relax for the rest of the day, right?" Jack nodded, watching her turn on the TV while squealing with contentment. I'm so excited for a day of absolutely nothing. Taking out a bag of chips from the backpack, (Y/n) snacked and watched TV all while Jack laid beside her with his eyes closed, presumably taking a nap.

*9:54 PM*

Darkness surrounded (Y/n) as she sat up suddenly, awakening from a deep slumber. Looking around the room, she saw that Jack was no longer next to her, causing her to panic. The bathroom door suddenly opened to reveal a shirtless Jack with a towel wrapped around his waist. Seeming startled to see her awake, Jack spoke first. "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you'd still be asleep for a while. I didn't wake you because you looked like you needed it." (Y/n) nodded in confirmation of what he was saying, but found herself extremely distracted, eyes wandering over his abs and toned bare arms. As he went to the dresser to grab an outfit, (Y/n) continued to admire his body discreetly. As he turned to face the woman while looking down at his outfit, Jack added on, "this really has to be our last night here. It's not safe to stay in one place for too long..." Cutting himself off, Jack looked up to see the girl staring at him with intensity, causing him to blush and feel embarrassed. "Why are you... staring at someone as ugly as me?"

(Y/n) snapped out of the trance she was in, feeling disbelief wash over her. Did he really think he was ugly? That was preposterous and so far from the truth. In fact, (Y/n) found Jack to be very beautiful- the most beautiful person she'd ever laid eyes on. How could he not know or be aware of truly how good looking he is? Standing up in a quiet rage, she responded, "there's no way you could possibly feel that way. You're not ugly in the least."

Jack smiled sadly as he looked down at the ground, fiddling with the clothes in his shaking hands out of nervousness. "I wish that were true, but it's just not. I look nothing like a human."

Walking closer to the man before her, the woman grabbed his bare hands, slightly feeling his claws on her skin, causing him to drop the clothes. "Nothing like a human? Jack... you are the most humane person I've ever met."

Widening his eyes, Jack felt truly touched. "The most... humane? You really think I... am humane?" Nodding slowly, the woman responded wordlessly. Jack looked away from the woman's face, feeling as though he could not truly face her in this moment. That is the most meaningful thing anyone has ever said to me. With a touched grin on his face, Jack looked at (Y/n) with such happiness, feeling for once that maybe he was not a failure. "I truly don't deserve to have someone like you in my life. Thank you, (Y/n)."

"Don't deserve me?" She cupped his cheek with her hand, staring deeply into the male's eyes with every bit of validity she could. "Jack... you deserve everything." Heart rates increased as their lips met once again, only this time felt different, more meaningful. As the two continued to passionately kiss, they found themselves subconsciously walking to the bed before (Y/n) landed on her back, prepared to give Jack everything she knew he deserved and more; prepared to show him once and for all how she truly felt through means with which words could not reach.

*Link to lemon is in comments*

Once again, you will NOT be missing anything important if you choose not to read the lemon.