001. meet the winchesters

Larissa walks around the Roadhouse, wiping the tables down. She smiles in amusement as she passes Ash who is passed out on one of the pool tables.

"It's your turn to take the trash out." Jo tells her.

"What? No, it isn't." Larissa argues.

"Yeah. It is." Jo nods.

"Nuh-unh. You lost that bet, remember? You do it for two weeks." Larissa reminds with a smirk.

"Ugh." Jo groans, rolling her eyes. "Whatever, Lari."

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?" Larissa asks, stomping her foot on the ground like a toddler.

"Until we die." Jo smirks, grabbing the trash bag and tying it before walking out.

""Until we die."" Larissa quietly mocks before huffing. "Annoying."

"You two fight like cats. Or worse -- sisters." Ellen comments.

"Well, you're the one who took me in. Kinda on you, don't you think?" Larissa quips.

"Go wash the dishes." Ellen orders, using her stern mom face.

"Will do." Larissa retreats to the kitchen to do as told.

Larissa is finishing the dishes as she hears the door swing open. She turns around, seeing a tall man she doesn't recognize. He's taller than the average guy and has shaggy brown hair. Given he's facing away from her, that's all Larissa is able to really see.

Larissa grabs the pistol from under the sink, quietly walking up behind him. She cocks the gun, aiming it at his head.

"I wouldn't try anything." Larissa warns. "Hands on your head." The man slowly places his hands on the back of his head.

"Look, I-I'm sorry, I was just--"

"Don't wanna hear it. Who are you?" Larissa asks, cutting him off.

"I... I'm S--"

"Sam!" Larissa hears another guy yell out. "Need some help in here."

"Go." Larissa demands.

"Okay." Sam slowly walks out of the kitchen, Larissa following him as she keeps the gun aimed at his head. They walk out, Jo aiming a rifle at a man, both shorter in height and hair length.

"Sorry, Dean, I can't right now. I'm a... little tied up." Sam says.

"Sam? Dean? Winchester?" Ellen asks from where she walked in a few moments ago to find her daughter punching Dean with the rifle and snaking it back.

"Yeah." Sam and Dean answer in unison.

"Son of a bitch." Ellen smiles.

"Mom, you know these guys?" Jo asks.

"Yeah, I think these are John Winchester's boys." Ellen says, laughing. "Hey, I'm Ellen. This is my daughter Jo. That's Larissa."

The two young women lower their weapons. Dean smiles at Jo.

"Hey." Jo greets.

"You're not gonna hit me again, are you?" Dean asks.

Sam lowers his hands and turns to look at Larissa. She's finally able to see his hazel eyes that hold a soft look in them, though she can see a bit of sadness hidden in them. He has a bruise on his right eye and a few scratches on his face, his lips pulling into an awkward smile.

"Hi." Sam mutters.

"Hi." Larissa says back, hiding her amused smile at his awkward fidgeting.

~ ~ ~