027. dead winchesters

Larissa gets out of her motel room and walks to Sam and Dean's, knocking on the door.

"Hello!" She knocks again after not receiving an answer. "Yo, idiots, I wanna get breakfast. You're kind of my ride." She still doesn't get an answer. "Sammy?" She knocks on the door again.

Larissa looks at the doorknob and places her hand over it. She turns it, letting out a nervous breath when it turns and she's able to open the door.

Larissa opens the door, stepping in, her eyes widening in horror at the sight.

"Sam? Dean?" She walks over to the beds. She covers her mouth as tears spring to her eyes at their bloody bodies, blood also on the bed and wall behind them. "Oh, my God." She whispers.

Larissa goes up to Sam, brushing a stray hair out of his face.

"Sammy?" She gently pats his cheek, but gains no response. She feels the familiar lump in her throat as her gaze goes to the multiple gunshots in his chest.

Larissa lets out a small whimper, her hand covering her mouth again. She looks at Dean, glancing at the gunshots in his chest before her eyes go to his face. His eyes are open, absolutely no life in them.

An uncomfortable feeling rises in her throat, and the brunette rushes to the bathroom. She doubles over the toilet just in time for the contents of her stomach to escape.

Larissa groans as she finishes throwing up. She gets up and beelines for the door, shutting it behind her, quietly sobbing. Larissa takes her phone out and calls Cas.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Cas. Cas, I-I need you. Sam and Dean are... are dead. I need you to do some fucking angel mojo or something. You can bring them back. You did it before." Larissa says.

"I can't bring them back." Cas says.

"Wha... what?" She asks.

"They're in Heaven for a reason. They're on a mission. They need to find Joshua. There is no bringing them back yet." Cas says.

"What the fuck do you mean?" Larissa asks.

"Joshua may bring them back, if they find him. They will come back." Cas assures before hanging up.

"Wha-- Cas? Cas!" Larissa huffs, looking at her phone in disbelief. She clenches her fist, kicking the wall of the motel, letting a small growl out.

+++

Larissa is sitting at the table in the brothers' motel room. Cas said that they would be back, so hopefully he wasn't lying, and she isn't waiting for nothing. It's been a few hours and she doesn't know how much longer she can stand this.

Larissa looks back when she hears a deep inhale and turns to see Sam sit up.

"Sam?" She asks, rushing over.

"Lissy?" Sam asks, looking a little confused, but also relieved.

"Hey. Hey." Larissa feels where the blood is for any injuries, but doesn't feel any holes in his chest. "What the fuck happened?"

"I--" Sam is cut off as Dean takes a sharp inhale and shoots into a sitting position. "You all right?" He asks Dean.

"Define alright." Dean says.

"I'd like you two to currently define anything." Larissa says.

"It's a long story... kind of... not really. We got shot." Sam says. "Uh... couple of angry hunters for us starting the apocalypse. But-But it's okay."

"You were in Heaven?" Larissa asks.

"How'd you know that?" Sam asks.

"I-I called Cas to get him to bring you back. He didn't. But he mentioned you two in Heaven and Joshua or something." Larissa says.

"Yeah. Yeah, that about sums it up." Sam says.

"That doesn't sum anything up. I'm still very confused and concerned." Larissa states.

"We'll explain later. I promise." Sam softly tells her.

"Okay, but you're both okay now, right?" Larissa asks. She glances between Sam and Dean who is standing up and hanging his phone up.

"I mean, aside from the fact that we just died, sure." Dean says.

Larissa smacks Sam on the head before smacking Dean on the head.

"Ow!" They cry out.

"What the fuck was that for?" Dean asks.

"For fucking dying on me!" Larissa exclaims. "And me finding your damn bodies. God, do you know traumatic that is?!"

"Aww, you care about me." Dean mockingly gushes and he pinches Larissa's cheek until she slaps his hand away.

"You two die again, I will personally kill you myself." Larissa threatens.

"But we'll... we'll already be dead." Dean mutters. Larissa glares at him. "Yes, ma'am." He backs away.

"I swear, if you die again." Larissa points her finger in Sam's face like an angry mother.

"I won't. I promise." Sam assures. He wraps his hand around her finger and lowers her hand, softly smiling at her.

+++

"Maybe... maybe Joshua was lying." Cas says. He's at the motel and the brothers have changed into clean clothes and are packing.

"I don't think he was, Cas. I'm sorry." Sam says.

"You son of a bitch. I believed in..." Cas trails off. Cas goes to Dean and gives him the amulet back. "I don't need this anymore. It's worthless."

"Cas, wait." Sam calls, but the angel disappears.

"We'll find another way. We can still stop all this, Dean." Sam says.

"How?" Dean asks.

"I don't know, but we'll find it. You and me, we'll find it." Sam says.

Dean grabs his bag and goes for the door. He stops in front of it, dangling the amulet over the trash can. Larissa looks at the back of Dean in disbelief as he drops the amulet into the trash can. She knows what that means to both brothers.

Dean opens the door and walks out.

Sam quickly finishes packing.

"You okay?" Larissa asks him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll-- I'll be fine." Sam mutters, stuffing the rest of his stuff in his bag.

"You still suck at lying." Larissa says.

"I'm fine, Lissy. Or... or I will be." Sam grabs his bag and walks out. 

Larissa sadly sighs, wishing she could fix all of this. She goes to the door and looks into the trash can as she passes it. Larissa reaches down and takes the amulet out, holding it between her fingers.

Larissa sticks the amulet in her jacket pocket, leaving the room, and shutting the door behind her.

===================

Super short chapter, but figured it would work better alone than put with the next episode