024. teen warlock boy

Ever since Jo and Ellen's death, Larissa has been cooped at Bobby's. She barely comes out of the bedroom, basically ignoring all of the other three.

She's currently lying in bed and has the radio playing at a low volume so she isn't in total silence. There's a gentle knock on her door and after she doesn't answer, it opens, Sam walking in.

"Hey." He softly greets. "Um... Dean and I got a call from some woman that used to babysit us. We, uh... think she has a poltergeist, we're gonna go check it out." Larissa just waves him off.

Sam sighs at the multiple beer bottles on the nightstand and the trash can that's overfilling.

"Lissy, look, I... I know losing them is hard. I get it. I mean, I... I've lost my parents and I've lost Dean. It isn't something easy to go through. But I'm here for you." Sam says. "And I... you're pushing everybody away. Which, I-I know that I'm the last person that you should probably let in. I've pushed you away more than enough times."

"But we both know that keeping it all in doesn't do any good. So, can you... can you please come with us? You don't even have to help kill the monster, just get out of the house and... and maybe talk to some people. You know, go out to eat. Please."

Larissa looks at him, finding comfort in his puppy dog eyes.

"Can I shower first?" Larissa quietly asks.

"Most definitely. I will make sure Dean doesn't leave until you're packed and stuff." Sam says. He gently pats her on the head before leaving.

+++

The three are at the house of the woman that used to babysit the boys sometimes.

"Dean and Sammy Winchester. So, how long has it been?" She asks.

"The summer before 6th grade." Sam recalls.

"Mm, I remember. You assigned yourself your own reading list." The woman says.

"That's right. I forgot about that." Dean chuckles before making a face.

"You gave yourself a summer reading list?" Larissa looks at Sam.

"I-- I, uh, it... I was... it's stupid." Sam says, suddenly feeling embarrassed if she were to make fun of it.

"It's actually kind of adorable, nerd boy." Larissa quietly says. She has the hint of a smile no her face which makes Sam's lips twitch up a bit at the slightest bit of happiness.

"Your mom happens to be the best babysitter we ever had." Sam tells the teen girl.

"Well, when I was a maid at the Mayflower, out on the interstate -- before you were even an idea -- their daddy used to pass through town and leave the boys with me while he went off to... work. One time, he was gone for two weeks."

"Two weeks?" The girl asks.

"Mm-hmm. Oh, he'd always come limping back. He loved you boys." The woman says.

"Did you know what he did all that time?" The girl asks.

"Little Sammy kept trying to tell me. Of course, I didn't believe him. Not at first, anyway." The woman says.

"Katie, our dad, um, happened to be an expert at getting rid of ghosts. And now, so are we, and so is Larissa." Sam says.

"That's why I called them, sweetie. They can help us." The woman says as her husband walks in.

"Sounds like you guys got yourself a poltergeist." Dean says.

"Started a month or two after we moved in." The husband says.