072. bobby 2.0

Larissa is sitting in the back of the Impala, her legs stretched out across the seat. Dean is leaning against the side of the Impala while Sam is getting the three food.

"Heads up." Sam hands Dean his drink. He goes to the back door and holds Larissa's drink out to her and she takes it. Sam goes to the passenger door.

"I caught wind of a case on this police scanner. Sounds like our kind of thing." Dean says.

"I wasn't even gone ten minutes." Sam says.

"Okay. That matters why?" Dean asks.

"I don't know, Dean. How about because you haven't said a word to me since Prentiss Island? And now, what? You want me to shut up and ride shotgun and act liking nothing happened?" Sam asks.

"You want to talk about Benny? Fine. Let's talk." Dean says.

"Oh, here we go." Larissa quietly mumbles. While they had been searching for Kevin, Dean said that he had "personal business" to tend to and left without much more explanation. After learning he was dealing with a vamps' nest, Sam and Larissa went to meet him, and Dean had introduced them to Benny -- a vampire he met in Purgatory.

"Okay. How about he's a vampire?" Sam says.

"He's also the reason I'm topside and not roasting on a spit in Purgatory. Anything else?" Dean asks.

"Don't pretend I don't get it. I know you had to do what you had to down there." Sam says.

"I highly doubt you get anything about Purgatory." Dean says.

"But you're out now, and Benny's still breathing. Why?"

"He's my friend, Sam."

"And what about my friend, Amy? She was what? Cause you sure as hell didn't have a problem ganking her."

"Well, I guess people change, don't they? We let that werewolf Kate go, didn't we?"

"She was different. She-- you think Benny's different? He tell you he's not drinking live blood or something? And you believe him? Wow. Okay. You know, you're right. People do change."

"Yeah. I got a vampire buddy, and you turn your phone off for a year."

"Oh, dear God, please just... just take me now, God." Larissa whispers, rubbing her temples.

"Don't turn this on me." Sam says.

"Look, Benny slips up and some other hunter turns his lights out, so be it." Dean says.

"But it's not gonna be you, right?" Sam asks.

"You coming or not?" Dean gets in the car.

+++

Dean pulls up to the crime scene.

"So, guy's old lady comes home while he's working underneath his ride, puts the pedal to the metal, and takes half his head off." Dean explains.

"What, that's it?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, in a nutshell. She says she blacked out, doesn't remember a damn thing." Dean says.

"Well, that sounds like insanity." Sam says.

"Maybe." Dean says.

"So, how does that make this our kind of thing?" Sam asks.

"Because, Sam, Kevin's in the wind, okay? You're sulking around like a eunuch in a whorehouse."

"What?" Larissa whispers.

"And I can't help but ask myself, when is decapitation not my thing?" Dean asks, getting out of the car. Sam and Larissa follow, the three walking up to a cop, showing their badges.