003. possessed sam

Larissa is at the bar that Jo's currently working at, having decided to visit her for a few days. Ever since the H. H. Holmes case, Jo left the roadhouse and has been hunting. Larissa did the first few hunts with Jo before they parted ways, both wanting to branch out and Larissa also just wanted to road trip a bit.

Larissa tries to call Ellen at least once a week and she also texts Sam every once in a while, though she hasn't talked to him too much.

Larissa sits at one of the tables in the bar and eats fries as Jo wipes the counter down.

"Good night, thank you." Jo tells the last customer as he leaves. The two friends hear somebody clear their throat. "Sorry, we're closing up."

"How about just one for the road?" They turn to see Sam.

"Hey." Larissa slightly smiles, Sam smiling back at her.

"Well, you're about the last person I'd expect to see." Jo says.

"Well, I guess I'm full of surprises. So can I get a beer?" Sam asks.

"Sure. One beer." Jo says. Sam sits at the bar and Jo places a beer bottle in front of him before continuing to clean up. "So, how'd you find me?"

"Well, uh, it's kind of what we do, you know?" Sam says.

"Speaking of "we," where's Dean?" Jo asks.

"Couldn't make it." Sam says.

"So what're you doing here, Sam? I mean, we didn't exactly part on the best of terms. And I highly doubt you know Lari was here, so." Jo says.

"Right. Um, well, that's why I'm here." Sam takes his jacket off. "I kinda-- I wanted to see if we could square things, you know?"

"That looks like it hurts." Jo comments, noticing a burn mark on his arm.

"No. Nah, just had a run-in with a hot stove." Sam dismisses.

"So you were saying something about squaring things?" Jo asks.

"Yeah. Um... look, I know how you feel about my dad. And I can't say I blame you. He was obsessed -- consumed with hunting. And he didn't care who got caught in the crossfire. And I guess that included your dad. But that was my father. That's not me."

"What about Dean?" Jo asks.

"Well, Dean's more like my father than I am, but h--" Sam stops when he notices Jo's look and he laughs. "Boy. You're really carrying a torch for him, aren't you?" Jo scoffs. "I'll take that as a yes. It's too bad. Cause see, Dean, he likes you, sure, but not in the way you'd want. I mean, maybe as kind of a... a little sister, you know? But romance, that's just out of the question, he--" Sam laughs. "He kind of thinks you're a schoolgirl, you know?"

"Sam, why don't you shut up?" Larissa suggests.

"I'm not trying to hurt you, Jo. I-I'm telling you cause I care." Sam says.

"That's real kind of you, Sam." Jo remarks.

"I mean it." Sam places his hand over Jo's. "I care about you a lot." Jo glances at Larissa who is staring at their hands with a hurt, jealous look in her eyes.

"Sam, what's going on?" Jo asks. She tries to pull her hand away, but Sam's grip is too tight. "I can be more to you, Jo."

"Maybe you should leave." Jo says.

"Okay." Sam shoves her hand away. He gets up and Jo turns to face the bar. Sam grabs her from behind and turns her around.

"Sam, get off me! Sam! Get off me! Let go!" Jo yells, fighting against his strong grip.