020. war

The three are at the hospital since Bobby is still in. He's sitting in a wheelchair and is staring out the window, one of his usual ball caps resting on his head and he also has a robe on over his hospital clothes.

Sam and Larissa are standing in the doorway when Dean walks up with an envelope in hand.

"It's been like three days now." Dean says quietly and Sam sighs. "We got to cheer him up. Maybe I'll give him a backrub." Larissa rolls her eyes.

"Dean." Sam gives him a look.

"Well, what, then?" Dean asks.

"Look... we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time." Sam says. "What's in the envelope?"

"Went to radiology." Dean pulls papers out of the envelope. "Got some glamour shots." He hands Sam the stuff, a chest X-ray with some sort of symbols on the ribs. "Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

"What the fuck is that?" Larissa asks.

"Holy crap." Sam mutters.

"Yeah, well, Cas carved you one, too." Dean says.

"Excuse me." Larissa looks at Sam questioningly.

"Oh, yeah, uh, Cas carved Enochian into our ribs. Keeps from angels finding us." Dean explains.

"It's been three days. Neither of you cared to mention this?" Larissa asks. "What the hell?" She punches Sam in the arm.

"Ow." Sam whines.

"That seems pretty mentionable." Larissa comments. "Like, possibly need to know."

"Not really." Dean shrugs.

Sam's phone rings and he answers it, holding Larissa back with his other hand.

"Hello?" He asks." Castiel?"

"Speak of the devil." Dean says.

"Uh, St. Martin's Hospital. Why? What are you-- Cas?" Sam asks. He hangs up.

A few moments later, Cas walks up.

"Cell phone, Cas? Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?" Dean asks.

"You're hidden from angels now -- all angels. I won't be able to simply--"

"Enough foreplay." Bobby calls.

"Too little foreplay could hurt somebody." Larissa remarks. Sam gives her a bitch face and she shrugs.

"Get over here and lay your damn hands on me." Bobby orders.

Larissa opens her mouth to make another dirty joke, but Sam covers her mouth.

"Get healing. Now." Bobby demands when nobody moves.

"I can't." Cas states.

"Say again?" Bobby asks, turning his wheelchair to face Cas. The angel walks up to him.

"I'm cut off from Heaven and much of Heaven's power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't." Cas says.

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life?" Bobby asks.

"I'm sorry." Cas tells him.

"Shove it up your ass." Bobby turns back to the window.

"At least he's talking now." Dean quietly says.

"I heard that." Bobby says.

"I don't have much time. We need to talk." Cas tells the three younger hunters.