055. hanging by a thread

Sam is in the back and trying to deal with the two injured ones.

"Bobby, Lissy? Hey, hey, hey, hey. Hold on." Sam tells them.

"Sam, are they dead?" Dean asks.

"I'm checking." Sam feels their pulses.

"Are they dead?!" Dean asks again.

"Just drive, Dean!" Sam snaps.

"You gotta talk to me, Sam!"

"All right, they're both breathing. There are pulses."

"Keep him upright. Stop the bleeding."

"I'm not an idiot, Dean! I know a first aid for fucking bullet wounds!" Sam shouts.

"I need the nearest trauma center." Dean says to whoever he called. "What's the address?!" He hangs up. "All right, Bobby, Rissa, hang in there."

+++

They got to the hospital and Bobby and Larissa were taken to different rooms. Larissa didn't have exit wounds, and they managed to get the one out of her leg, but still need to wait to get the one out of her shoulder.

Sam is pacing around, an equal distance from Bobby and Larissa. His emotions are all over the place, two of the people he loves most both in danger. Sam turns as he hears wheels against the floor and sees some nurses wheeling Larissa out.

"Wait, wait, what are you doing?" Sam asks, following them.

"She's clear for surgery. We need to get the bullet wound out." A nurse explains.

"So she'll be okay?" Sam asks.

"We'll find out." A nurse says.

"You need to stay here. You can't go any further." one of the nurses state as they go through double doors.

"Okay, but she-she--" Sam tries to call. "She's scared of hospitals." He whispers.

Sam heavily sighs, running his hands through his hair. He presses his thumb into his left palm, hoping he'll wake up and it's all just a bad dream, but it doesn't happen.

+++

Sam rushes towards Larissa's room when he sees them wheeling her back.

"Is she okay?" Sam asks. The doctor walks over to him.

"She made it through the surgery successfully. We got the bullet out of her with zero issues, thankfully. She's very lucky. A few inches to the right and the bullet would've gone straight through her heart."

"Is her leg okay?" Sam asks.

"Yes. Yes, her leg will be just fine. Much less worrisome than the shoulder wound. We're gonna keep a close eye on her, just in case, but she should be good."

"Okay. Thank you." Sam says. The doctor nods and walks away. Sam walks back to Dean who is outside Bobby's room. "They say she should be okay." Dean lets out a small sigh of relief, but most of his concern still stays with Bobby.

"Excuse me." They turn to a man. "Sorry to interrupt. Is one of you Robert Singer's next of kin?"

+++

Sam is sitting outside of Bobby's room. He hears alarms go off and sees some nurses and doctors rush into Larissa's room.

"No. No, no, no." Sam whispers, rushing over. He stands in the doorway, seeing the monitor flatlining, doctors and nurses rushing to help Larissa.

"Wha-wh-- what's going on?" Sam asks. "What happened?"

"Sir, you need to step out." A nurse gently pushes him back, but he fights against her.