078. new home

They pull up to the bunker and get out, Larissa getting Athena out. 

"When's the last time somebody was in this place?" Dean asks.

"65, 70 years ago." Sam says, taking the diaper bag from Larissa.

Dean opens the small wooden box and takes the key out. They walk down a short flight of stairs to the door and Dean unlocks it. They get inside and look around with their flashlights. They look over the railing and see '50s communication equipment and there's a table with a map in the middle of the room. The room after it appears to be a library.

"Son of a bitch." Dean mutters.

"Look at this. Ham radio, telegraph, switchboard. This was their nerve center." Sam says.

"Henry did say that they ran dispatch on their own team of hunters." Dean says. He shines his flashlight at the table next to them, a chess board that's mid game, an ashtray, and dirty coffee mug on it.

"Wow. Halfway through their coffee and a game of chess. Looks like whoever was manning the hub left quick." Dean says.

"On the alarm call that ended the Men of Letters." Sam says, him and Larissa going downstairs.

Dean finds a switch box and opens it, pushing the lever which turns the lights on.

"Son of a bitch." Sam mumbles.

"Sammy, Rissy, I think we just found the Bat Cave." Dean says, walking downstairs.

+++

They each found rooms and are going to sleep for the night. Larissa got done feeding Athena is puts her shirt back on as Sam walks in.

"Are we really gonna stay here?" Sam asks.

"Well, where else would you like to stay? A dingy motel... or a safe bunker made of concrete and stone?" Larissa asks.

"It's just... I don't know, weird. Besides, it's more of a workplace than a home." Sam says.

"Then why are there a bunch of bedrooms?" Larissa asks.

"Well... you know, there's-- there's beds at boarding schools." Sam says.

"Okay, um... while you continue to deny change and be weird -- change her into her pajamas cause I need a shower." Larissa says, getting up. She pats Sam's arm on the way out.

Sam sighs and sits on the bed, one leg folded, his right foot under his left thigh. His left foot stays on the floor and he gently tickles Athena's stomach.

"You're on my side, right?" He asks. Athena simply stares at him. "Say nothing if you agree with me." He says, obviously getting no response. "Thank you." He tells her. He leans down and gently kisses her cheek a few times.

He stops kissing her when he hears a noise and then is greeted by a foul smell.

"Oh." Sam winces, sitting up. He sighs, looking down at his daughter, knowing he has to change her diaper. "Your mom set me up for that, didn't she?"

~ ~ ~

Sam and Larissa are lying in the bed, Athena's bassinet between them.

"You know, she's on my team with this." Sam says, nodding to their daughter.

"Oh, she is?" Larissa questions.

"Yeah. I told her to not say anything if she agreed with me and she didn't." Sam says.

"Sam... she can't talk." Larissa says.

"Kinda the point." Sam says with a small smile and Larissa rolls her eyes.