069. awkward reunion

Sam and Larissa walk into Rufus' cabin and walk inside a bit. Sam is suddenly tackled to the floor making Larissa jump and turn to see Dean dousing his little brother with holy water.

"Oh, my God. I almost went into super early labor." She whispers to herself.

"What the--? I'm not a demon." Sam says.

"Dean. Dean, hey--" Larissa stops herself as he splashes holy water on her. Dean pours borax over Sam before doing it to Larissa. "Oh-- okay. I'm-- I'm 'bout to murder this dude.

"Or a leviathan. What--" Sam's cut off as Dean slices his arm with a knife making Sam hiss in pain. Dean yanks Larissa closer by her arm, cutting it.

"Ow!" She rips her arm out of his grip. "Jackass." She mutters.

"Or shifters. Good." Dean stands up. "My turn. Come on. Let's go." He holds the holy water and borax out to Sam.

"I don't need to. We know it's you." Sam says.

"Damn it, Sammy!" Dean splashes holy water and then borax on himself. He holds the knife out to Sam who is standing up again. "Come on!"

"No! Dean, can I just say hello?" Sam asks. Dean rolls his sleeve up and cuts his arm.

"All right." Dean smiles. "Well... let's do this."

"I don't know whether to give you a hug or take a shower." Sam chuckles.

"Good to see you again. I'm getting in the shower." Larissa walks to the bathroom. She shakes out one of the towels and dabs at her shirt to attempt to try it.

"I'm sorry, baby. Your uncle's a little insane sometimes." She whispers while rubbing her stomach. "You'll get used to him, though."

"Dude. You're... fucking alive." She hears Sam say as she washes her face. "I mean, what the hell happened?"

"Well, I guess standing too close to exploding Dick sends your ass straight to Purgatory." Dean says.

"You were in Purgatory? For the whole year?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, time flies when you're running for your life." Dean comments.

"Well, how'd you get out?"

"I guess whoever built that box didn't want me in there any more than I did."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm here, okay?"

"What about Cas? Was he there?"

"Yeah, Cas didn't make it."

"What exactly does that mean?"

"Something happened to him down there. Things got pretty hairy towards the end, and he... just let go."

"So Cas is dead? You saw him die?"

"I saw enough." Dean says.

"So, then what, you're not sure?" Sam asks.

"I said I saw enough, Sam."

"Right. Dean, I'm sorry."

"Me too. So you-- I can't believe you guys are actually here." Dean takes three beers out of the fridge, one for Larissa when she gets out of the bathroom. "You know that half your numbers are out of service? Felt like I was leaving messages in the wind."

"Yeah, I-I-I didn't get your messages." Sam says.

"How come?" Dean asks.

"Probably because I ditched the phones." Sam says.

"Because...?" Dean asks.

"I guess, um... I guess something happened to me this year, too. Me and Lissy." Sam slightly smiles as he thinks of his unborn baby. "We don't hunt anymore."