034. shapeshifting baby

It's been one year since Sam fell into the cage. Larissa has been keeping herself busy with hunting, not realizing how much losing him would actually hurt. She underestimated just how much she cared about him until he was gone.

Larissa still talks to Bobby sometimes, but she never talks to Dean since he went to live a normal life. Cas never answers any of her prayers or calls, so she's usually alone aside from the weekly call to Bobby.

Larissa found a case in Michigan and walks up to the house that's a crime scene. She flashes an FBI badge and starts to make her way inside, but stops in her tracks when she spots a familiar face leaving the house.

"Sam?" She asks.

"Hey." Sam awkwardly smiles, walking closer to her.

"Wh... you... no, you--" She stammers.

"I have a lot of explaining to do." Sam winces.

+++

"You've been alive for a fucking year?!"

"Yeah." Sam winces. He's sitting at the small table in her motel room while she stands up. She ran all the tests to make sure he was actually human.

"And you didn't think to fucking tell me?" Larissa asks.

"Okay, I-I get you're-- you're mad." Sam says.

"Oh, no, I have reached so far past mad. You are lucky I haven't shot you yet." Larissa says.

"Lissy--"

"You let me think you were dead for a whole year? Really?" Larissa asks.

"I... it was for the best." Sam says.

"Best what? What, best way to send me into some sort of fucking depression spiral and drink my body weight in alcohol? Barely sleep cause I'd have dreams of you, but when I wake up, you're not there." Larissa says.

"I'm sorry." Sam says and Larissa scoffs.

"Who else knows?" Larissa asks. "Or have you just been hiding from everybody?"

"Bobby knows." Sam informs.

"For how long?" Larissa asks.

"The whole time." Sam quietly says. Larissa feels another wave of rage overcome her at the fact that her father figure has been lying to her for a year.

"And he didn't tell me?" She asks.

"I asked him not to."

"And he listened? Even with knowing all the pain I've been going through?"

"Sorry." Sam winces.

"Yeah, that seems to be your word of the day." She scoffs. "Does Dean know?"

"Yes." Sam nods. "But he's only known for, like, a week."

"So why haven't I known for a week?" Larissa asks.

"Because Djinn weren't targeting you." Sam shrugs.

"Unbelievable." Larissa quietly scoffs. "You know what? You and Bobby are just fucking unbelievable."

"Look, Lissy, I'm really sorry I didn't tell you. I just... I didn't want you in danger." Sam says.

"Every day of my life is in danger. Even for mundane stuff like crossing the damn street. I could get hit by a car. That doesn't stop me from leaving my bed."

"Lissy--"

"You're a dick, Samuel." Larissa grabs her jacket, storming out, slamming the door shut behind her.