018. demon blood detox

Larissa has been staying with Bobby for a while ever since the case with the sister and brother in the wall. She's only seen Sam and Dean twice since then, one time being when her and Bobby saved them from a siren, and the other being Pam's funeral.

Sam seemed more closed off than usual both times and he doesn't answer as many of her texts as he used to, or he answers them days later.

Dean called and explained that Sam is drinking demon blood and they need to do something about it so Bobby set up the panic room.

"Is this really the smartest idea?" Larissa asks. "I mean... what is it gonna do?"

"Get him off demon blood. Quit cold turkey." Bobby says.

"How long are we gonna keep him in there?" Larissa asks.

"Until he's sober, I guess." Bobby shrugs.

"And if it doesn't work? Also, what's to stop him from going out and getting more after we let him out?" Larissa asks.

"I don't know all the details, Rissa. Not even sure Dean does. But, for right now, this is the plan." Bobby says making her sigh.

+++

"Well, thanks for shaking a tail." Bobby says as the four walk to the panic room.

"Yeah, you got it." Dean says.

"Go on inside. I wanna show you something." Bobby says as Sam opens the door to the panic room.

"All right." Sam walks in, the other three staying out. "So, uh, what's the big demon problem?"

"You are. This is for your own good." Bobby states. Sam watches as Bobby and Dean shut the door, not missing Larissa's apologetic look.

"Guys? Hey, hey. What?" Sam calls as they lock the door. "This isn't funny. Guys! Hey! Guys!"

+++

The three sit in the living room as they hear Sam scream from the panic room. Larissa nervously plays with the ends of her hair as she feels the strings of her heart pull at the pain and fear in his voice.

"How long is this gonna go on?" Dean asks.

"Here, let me look it up in my demon detox manual. Oh, wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it." Bobby says. The phone rings and Bobby picks it up. "Hello. Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you." He hangs up.

"What's up with Rufus?" Dean asks.

"He knows." Bobby states and the phone rings again, Bobby picking up. "I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important."

~ ~ ~

"The news. The news ain't good." Bobby says.

"This is what Rufus called about? "Key West sees ten species go extinct."" Dean says.

"Yep. Plus Alaska. 15 man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly 66 kids. All this is a single day. I looked them up. There's no doubt about it. They're all seals. Breaking... fast." Bobby says.

"How many are left?" Dean asks.

"Who knows? Can't be many. Where the hell are your angel pals?" Bobby asks.

"You tell me." Dean retorts.

"I'm just wondering." Bobby says.

"What?"

"The apocalypse being nigh and all... is now really the time to be having this little domestic drama of ours?"

"What do you mean?"