038. his soul and apologies

Larissa has been staying at Bobby's ever since they found out Sam was soulless. The last thing she wanted was to be around him, which makes her hate the current situation as both him and Dean are now at Bobby's.

"You what?!" Sam asks.

"Just hear me out." Dean says.

"I heard Cas and Crowley when they said it would either kill me or turn me to Jell-O, Dean! I heard enough!" Sam exclaims.

"Death said he can put up a wall." Dean says.

"A wall?" Sam asks.

"Yes, yes, a wall. That, basically, you wouldn't remember Hell." Dean says.

"Really?"

"Really."

"For good? Like a cure?"

"No, it's not a cure. It... he said it could last a lifetime."

"Great. So, playing pretty fast and loose with my life here, don't you think, Dean?"

"I'm trying to safe your life!"

"Exactly, Dean! It's my life! It's my life, it's my soul. And it sure as hell ain't your head that's gonna explode when this whole scheme of yours goes sideways!"

"Just curious." Bobby speaks up. "I presume Death's not doing this out of the goodness of his heart. So, what's your half of the deal?" Dean looks away. "I'm sorry. I didn't get that."

"I have to wear the ring for a day." Dean informs.

"Why the hell would he want you to do that?" Bobby asks.

"Get his rocks off. I don't know. But I'm doing it." Dean states and Sam starts to leave. "Where you going?"

"Look, I hear you, all right? I get it. I just need a minute to wrap my head around it, all right?" Sam leaves.

"Looking for this?" Dean asks Sam, holding up Death's ring.

"Just taking a walk." Sam says.

"Sam. I'm your brother. I'm not gonna let you get hurt. I know what I'm doing here." Dean says.

"What if you're wrong?" Sam asks.

"I won't let it go wrong."

"Fine."

"Fine? So, you're--"

"So, I'm trusting you here. Barely."

"You sure?"

"You're the one with the compass, right? Just don't mess it up."

"I won't."

Sam leaves, Larissa tensing up when he passes her.

"Watch him." Dean tells the two.

~ ~ ~

"So, is this the past where you pull a gun on me and lock me in the panic room?" Sam asks after Bobby and Larissa get back inside.

"I wouldn't mind it." Larissa mutters.

"Do I have to?" Bobby asks.

"No. I guess Dean's got to do what he's got to do." Sam says.

"Guess we all do, kid." Bobby says.

+++

Larissa is sitting on the couch while Bobby and Sam play poker.

"Pair of aces." Sam says.

"Want another one?" Bobby asks, holding up an empty beer bottle.

"Yeah, sure." Bobby nods.