| Tighnari

"Ow, ow!! Don't!" I groaned, instinctively moving my leg away from the Forest Watcher. He, who didn't seem very pleased, sighed and stood up.

"Y/N, if you want me to bandage up that wound then you're gonna have to suck it up. It won't hurt for long."
Tighnari added, turning to his desk and picking up some rubbing alcohol.

I noticed the bottle in his hands and tried to move away - but instead, I forgot about the pain and I fell on to the ground. He heard the crashing very clearly and exhaled deeply.

"You know what...? It's fine. I'm alright." I mumbled, using the side of the bed as support to get on to my feet. I had originally got the wound by cutting my leg on a log as I walked past it.

Tighnari shook his head and took my hands into his own. "No, it will get infected if you simply leave it." He sat me back down on the soft mattress and peered at the mark on my leg.
"Hmm... on second thought, maybe using alcohol isn't the best idea in this situation. It can slow the healing process down and sometimes burn cells, so something more... simple, would be suitable."

As he went to get some different materials, I leaned back and shut my eyes. Although my leg was throbbing with pain, Tighnari's help warmed my heart.

"Here we are. Surprisingly, a mild soap and cool water can clear a cut just as effectively as other medical materials."

I lifted a brow.
"I didn't know you were so knowledgable in this sort of subject. Did you study it, or something?"

He laughed and shook his head. His large, fluffy ears were twitching, though he seemed more focused on cleaning my injury.
"No, no, I am just interested in these sort of things. Though, examining different plants is a much larger hobby of mine."

I winced as he started to dab the cut. I gripped on to the sheets slightly - it didn't hurt, per say, but it stung like hell. I knew I'd be keeping an eye out for any sort of logs in the future.

"Sorry."

I nodded and let out a relieved sigh as the stinging stopped. I glanced down, and noticed that the cut looked a lot better.
"Is it done?"

"Nearly." Tighnari mumbled, reaching into his pocket and grabbing a bandage. Slowly, but surely, he wrapped it around my leg and finished it off.

He stood up and smiled briefly.
"There you go. How does it feel?"

I was about to stand up again, but he prevented me from doing so.
"No, I mean, does it hurt when you move it? You won't be able to walk much for a day or so, at least. You hurt yourself pretty badly."

"Oh... alright." I mumbled, moving my leg. It hurt, but the pain was easing. "It's not too bad now. Thank you."

"It's no problem, Y/N. It's my duty as a Forest Watcher to make sure everyone is safe and healthy. I wouldn't bare to see anyone in pain, especially you."

For some reason, his reply really tickled me. I laughed and he was pretty confused as to why.
"Especially me?"

Tighnari's cheeks heated up and he immediately tried to clear his name.
"N-No! Not what I meant! I mean... it was... but you know what I'm talking about!"

"Ahaha, I'm just teasing. I really appreciate your help, Tighnari. C'mere, I want to show you something."

He leaned in closer and before he could move away, I pressed my lips against his soft cheek.

"Y-Y/N! You... hmph! You're really lucky I like you! Just... get some rest and let that wound heal up, I'm going to go and examine some mushrooms I found and think about what I need to do now that you've literally kissed me. Do excuse me! And take it easy, don't hesitate to-"

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.
"You could kiss me back before you leave? Then I will take it easy~"

...

"Alright then."

Tighnari stepped closer to me again and took my chin into his hand, before kissing me. His lips were soft and warm, while his gloved hand felt even more comforting.

"Now, that was better than I expected, I have to say. Though you really need to get some rest, okay? I... I love you."

My eyes widened.
"You...? I love you too!"

He gave me a warm grin before leaving the room.