| Zhongli

"Argh...!" I groaned, falling on to the wet grass as I felt my arm get slashed with a sword. I glanced up and noticed some sort of enemy, smirking evilly at me.

Warm liquid started to drizzle down my arm, upon looking at it I saw the drops of blood splash in the puddle below me.

I tried my hardest to summon my weapon, but it wouldn't let me. It was torture, not being able to fight back.
"Sit still and this won't hurt that much." They growled at me.

I scooted as far away from them as I could, with my desperate attempts to escape failing.
"Obedient... not what I expected. Anywho, see you in the next life."

Just as their sword was an inch away from me, I covered my face with my arms and prepared for pain.
However... I never felt it.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, and someone else was there... and I was in a different place.
"Y/N...? Are you okay, honey?"

Zhongli was laying beside me. Despite being tired, he looked really worried.

"What time is it...?" I asked, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Around 2. Nightmare?"

I nodded, and he wrapped his arms around me.
"Nightmares are... unnecessary. Whatever it was that you dreamt about, you are safe with me and it will never realistically happen, okay?"

"It felt so real. The pain felt real..." I replied, leaning into Zhongli's chest.

"Yes... I read somewhere that dreams about death means you are scared of the unknown, or are anxious about something. Is there anything you'd like to talk to me about?"

I stuttered a little, struggling to find the words.
"I'm okay. I'm just very exhausted all the time, I suppose..."

"Are you sure?" He asked, running his fingers through my hair in an attempt to calm me down. "I can not bare the thought of you being upset, Y/N. I am here for you."

Those last five words were my breaking point. Before I could comprehend it, tears were falling down my cheeks.
"I feel on edge... all the time. I don't know why, Zhongli."

"Oh, my sweet girl... come here." He whispered, pulling me into an even more comforting embrace. I quietly sobbed into his chest while his hand repeatedly stroked my hair.

"I promise everything will be okay soon. Life is... complicated, at the moment, but like a thunderstorm, it will eventually pass. Though before it can fully disappear, the clouds must let out all of the rain that it is holding. So let it all out, my dear."

I sniffed and intertwined my fingers with his. He was right, and it was good to finally let out the pent up emotions.

"Thank you..." I whispered, wiping my tears with my other hand. "I love you so much, Zhongli... I genuinely can not thank you enough."

"No need to thank me, sweetheart. Talk to me whenever you need, don't feel like you have to bottle in all of those emotions. I adore you."