| Venti

"What's up with Y/N?" Diluc asked the bard, while simultaneously pouring some more wine into his glass. Somehow, Venti had managed to convince him that he'd pay all of his debts off eventually if Diluc let him perform in the tavern once a week.

Venti turned to look at me; he gave me a warm smile and gently rubbed my back, before sipping his dandelion wine. I was laying my head in my arms on the table, sound asleep despite the boomingly loud tavern.
"She's completely out!" He replied to Diluc's query, taking the moment to glance at me once more. "She must have been exhausted."

Diluc nodded, cleaning some used cups with a cloth. "Yes, clearly. She only had a glass or two of wine, I believe; has she not spoken to you about anything?"
"She's told me that she has been pretty tired recently. But, trust me, Master Diluc! I'm the greatest bard of all time, so I'd know straight away if something was up with my beloved and dearest Y/N."

"What has being a bard got to do with- ah, nevermind. I just won't bother."
Diluc added, exhaling deeply. He turned around to serve other customers.
Venti rubbed my arm with his thumb, and hummed a song to me, even if it was blocked out by everyone else's conversations.

My eyes fluttered open and I turned my head to face the joyous bard.
"Venti...? How long was I asleep?" I asked, sleepily rubbing my eyes.
"Not too long, don't worry~ how about you get back home and rest? I'll take you!"

Although I wanted to go and sleep, I didn't want Venti to come with me if he'd prefer to be in the tavern.
"I'll go alone if you want to stay here for a while, I don't mind." I reached into my pocket and put some mora on to the table, paying for the drinks both me and the bard had for the night. He looked astounded that I'd paid for him without any hesitation.

"Wha- Y/N! That's your mora!" Venti exclaimed, threatening to let out a gasp.
I chuckled and shook my head.
"It's okay, I'd rather make it easier for you to pay everything off than leave it."

He stood up and his warm grin quickly returned.
"Then, so be it! I'll walk you home, it's the least I can do! C'mon, let's go, it's pretty late anyway."
I nodded and thanked Diluc, then left the tavern. Venti followed behind me and we began to walk back to my home, which luckily was not too far away.

While we were out the clock struck midnight and he took the opportunity to crack up a joke.
"God, I haven't spoken to you since yesterday!"
I furrowed my eyebrows, but still laughed. "Hmm... why did you say 'god'? Doesn't that mean you're just addressing it to yourself?"

Venti innocently glared at me, unsure of what to say. I smiled and continued talking.
"That's like me saying, um... Y/N, I haven't spoken to you since yesterday! It sounds kinda strange."
"Are you mocking me? How rude!"
"No, of course not!~ Why would I pay for your drinks if I wanted to mock you? Actually, I don't think I received a thank you!"

We were both joking, and I didn't really mind, but what Venti did really caught me off guard.
He took my hand into his and pressed his soft lips against my knuckles, before giggling and intertwining our fingers. "Why, thank you, my wonderful and most endearing Y/N!

My cheeks heated up and I was stunned, and most of all unable to say anything.
"Ehe, look who's speechless now~ anyway, we're home, so I suppose this is goodnight! I mean, unless you'd like me to stay for the time being?"

I nodded and opened the front door.
"Y-Yes, stay... at least 'till the sun rises in a few hours."
Venti and I entered my home, and I shut the door behind him. I yawned and took off my jacket.
"You can sleep on the couch, unless... uh... unless you wanted to stay with me...?"

He laughed and cupped my cheeks, although a pink hue was present on his own. My heart skipped a beat.
"Of course!~ Is it just me, or are you actually fully sober and really wanted this to happen someday?"

I shook my head with a guilty smile.
"I know you're Barbatos and all, but you have no right listening to my prayers to him!" I jokingly added, taking Venti's soft hands and heading up to my room. Upon entering, he took off his hat, shoes and cape, and then jumped on to my bed.
"Woah! I could get used to this!"

I got into bed next to him and huffed, feeling all the walking and drinking coming back to me after a long day. I would've already fallen asleep if it weren't for the bard next to me.
"Ah, hehe! You're adorable, Y/N. Get a good night's sleep, okay?" He happily spoke, ruffling up my hair.

I nodded and took one of his braids into my fingers and played with it, watching slowly as Venti's eyes slowly began to close. He eventually scooted closer towards me and shut his eyes fully.
"Goodnight, windblume. I love you!"

[ this is one of the cutest mf chapters ive ever written. also i bet some albedo simps gonna be commenting on the 'without hesitation' part LMAO have a good christmas if i dont publish anything before then :) ]