• Cyno •

You huffed uncomfortably, unable to fall asleep.
Cyno was out late again, and you were beginning to feel pretty lonely without him.
All you wanted was for him to hold you, for him to cuddle you until you fell asleep. But that wasn't going to happen anytime soon - you knew his occupation was important, but you could only be so understanding.

You turned over and sadly felt the empty space next to you, yearning for him to be there. You had no clue what the time was, nor how long you'd been laying there for. All you knew was that you missed him.
You sat up and rubbed your eyes, before getting out of bed. You weren't going to fall asleep by just laying there, so you decided to go out for a walk - maybe that'd take your mind off of it for a while.
You put your shoes on and left your house, just to notice how dark it really was out. If not for the lamps around, it would be pitch black.

It was nice to feel the sand beneath you, but unfortunately you weren't getting any sleepier. With every step your mind wandered, and you forgot to pay attention to your surroundings.
All of a sudden, you stepped on to a stone platform - it was strange, seeming as you thought the path you took was nothing but sand.
You were just about to turn around and go back home, but you felt a sharp pain in your back.

"Ah!" You yelped in surprise, and turned around.
A small arrow with what looked like dendro power was on the floor beneath you, and you instantly realised you'd just trespassed on the Eremite's property.
In an attempt to run away, you turned back around and began to sprint back home - though sand is difficult to run in, and somebody stuck out their foot, so you fell down.

"And, what might you be doing here so late?"
Somebody, presumably the Eremites, called out to you. You'd just smacked your elbow against the hard stone, so you were a bit too busy trying to stop the pain from that than answer their question.

You wiped the sand off of your clothes and got off of the floor, but they were quicker than you. They grabbed your arm and pulled you back before you could leave.
"I didn't... mean..." Just as you tried to respond, they chuckled in your face and threw you back on to the sand.

"Well, I have to say, it's fun to see you fall down like that. Oh - your elbow looks bruised. Let me see." They took hold of your arm again and gripped your elbow. You winced in pain, but attempted to fight back in response.

"Where're you going, hmm?"
They kicked your legs, so that you stumbled - but a sudden voice made you both freeze.

"When the sand realised that the beach got an award, he gave him a huge shell-ibration."
That was his way of letting you know you were in safe hands, now that he was there.

"What? Who's there?"
The Eremite called out, moving away from you. You took a few steps back, unable to contain the huge smile on your face.

"Do you not get the joke? Let me explain it to you. I said shell-"

"I get the joke! It wasn't funny- wait... it can't be... the general mahamatra?!"

The voice was very obviously Cyno. He stepped towards the Eremite, and clasped his hand around his throat.
"It is not polite to hurt people, let alone people I care about. In this case, justice is most likely very important to the lady you harmed."

Gasping for air, the Eremite tried to fight back. Cyno summoned his polearm and struck them, and soon enough they were gone.

You breathed heavily, unsure of what to do. You could barely see anything.
"Y/N. What are you doing out so late?" He asked, wrapping his arms around your body. Your heart melted... you'd been wanting to feel that for so long.

"I'm sorry. I missed you so much, Cyno."

"It's okay. Let's get you back home."

-

Once you were back at your home, Cyno shut the door behind him and huffed contentedly.
"I apologise for not being here much. I've been busy... but hopefully my workload is going to be reduced for some time. I've missed you, too."

You smiled gratefully, and pulled him into another hug. "Well, you're here now. That's all that matters."

He gently pressed his lips against your temple, and then rested his head in the crook of your neck.
The night ended up being perfect, after all.