| Xiao

[ soz another xiao chapter i just have a few ideas for him- plus he is cute yk!!? btw pantaloons will probably be next]

___

"Shoot! Xiao, are you alright?" I asked the Yaksha as he got hit with a mitachurl's axe. He got off of the dirt and killed it in one strike, before groaning.
"I'm fine." He spat at me, lightly pressing his fingertips against his back. He saw and felt the blood that was already seeping down his skin, staining the once white vest he was wearing.

"That was the last monster spotted here, so do you want to go back to the inn for a while? You can't just let the wound fester, I can bandage it up." I suggested. Xiao sighed deeply and nodded.
"Fine. Whatever. Just do not even think of blaming me if you stain your own clothes with my blood."

-

Once we got back to the inn, Xiao stood up in one of the rooms, in an attempt not to get blood on any furniture. I followed behind him, holding a First Aid kit.
"You can sit," I added, putting the kit down. "don't worry about the blood, I'll clean the sheets if anything drips."

He sat down without a word, and took off his vest. I cleared my throat awkwardly and took a seat behind him, opening the kit and taking out some wipes to clean it with.
"Please just ignore the many scars I have." I heard Xiao mumble. Although they didn't bother me at all, I nodded and continued cleaning the wound on his back.

"Sorry if it hurts. There isn't anything I can do about that."
Xiao looked down at the floor, clearly trying to hide the fact that it did actually hurt.
"Is it almost done?" He asked, eyebrows furrowed.
Once I'd cleaned the wound, I took a large bandaid out of the first aid kit and gently put it on the cut. "Yes, it's done."

"...Thank you." He murmured under his breath. "Did you get hurt, yourself? Do not waste the kit on me, especially if someone else needs it more."
I shook my head and packed it all away. "No, Xiao, I'm fine. You hurt yourself quite badly, using the materials to stop your wound from getting infected isn't a waste. I don't like it when you think of yourself so lowly..."

Xiao huffed, muttering a quick apology. "It is just a habit I tend to have. My intention is not to upset you because of it, so... I apologize."
"It's fine." I replied, standing up with the box in my hands. "Would you like me to get you anything?"
"Water." He growled back at me, folding his arms.

-
Xiao's POV
Once Y/N left, I let my arms drop to my lap. I had little idea why, but it did not feel right to talk to her in such a cold manner, as I usually do with others. I told myself that I was going to stop as soon as she came back into the room, because I felt different around her to other mortals.
Even though I was ashamed to admit it, I enjoyed her presence. I loved how she fought monsters, how she styled her hair, and especially, I loved her smile. I almost smiled to myself just thinking about the warm grin I often received.

Y/N walked back into the room and handed me a glass of water. I began to slip up on my words, and I felt my cheeks heat up.
"E-Er... thank you." I mumbled, but with the intent for her to hear it.
She sat next to me and sighed slightly, clearly relieved that I was okay.
"What do you mortals do after you get married?" I asked. Her mouth opened slightly, though no words came out. I was unsure if I said something wrong or not.

"Uh... well, I guess it depends... why do you ask?" She replied, lifting an eyebrow. I broke eye contact and looked away completely.
"I was just wondering. So? Do you have an answer to my question?"
"I mean, erm... they... show affection, I guess?-"

I did not mean to cut her off, but I wanted- no, I needed to know how mortals show their love for one another.
"What kinds of affection?"
"Hugging? Kissing? Holding hands?"
"...And do two people have to be married to show those kinds of affection to each other?"
Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, but nevertheless did not ignore me.
"No, anyone can do them. With consent, of course."

I thought to myself for a moment, before turning my head and gazing into her (e/c) eyes.
"Then, can I hold your hands?"
Her eyes widened and for a second, I wanted to take back the questions.
"Y-Yes, of course..."

I took her hands into mine, and glanced down. I rubbed my thumb against her skin, my glare softening as I felt how smooth her hands were compared to my gloved, scarred ones.
Y/N was also looking down at our hands, and her silence almost made me anxious, until we made eye contact again.
"And, another way of showing affection to the one I love..." I continued, beginning to feel my heart pound against my chest. "Can I, erm... could I kiss you...?"

The grin I adored ever so much slowly appeared on her face, and she nodded. I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers - which were soft, warm, and even addictive.
I lifted my hand and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, before pulling away. A pink hue was spread across my cheeks, and I knew that.

Y/N shuffled towards me and I wrapped my arms around her, leaning my head on hers. A sudden wave of protectiveness washed over me; I was going to protect her from any harm - I would never let the mortal I'd fallen in love with get injured, and I was not afraid to hurt monsters who try to do so.
"I love you..." I spoke, while my cheek was pressed against the top of her head. "I love you so much, Y/N."