| Diluc

"Wait, Y/N is here?"

Kaeya looked up and nodded.
"Oh? Yeah, she's upstairs. I thought you knew that?"

Diluc cleared his throat.
"Ah, erm... no, I didn't. I haven't seen her. How is she...?"

"Well, you've been gone for a long while, brother. She's been lonely. Why don't you go and talk to her?"
Kaeya asked, letting his hair down.

"I can't do that now, it's late. She'll be asleep; plus, everyone else has gone to bed now. We have to prepare for battle tomorrow, we can't go waking them up."

"Fair. Then get some rest and talk to her tomorrow. After you left to go to another nation for a while, she's been acting differently." Kaeya added, standing up and getting ready for bed.

"How so?"

"I don't know, ah... I suppose she's been sleeping a whole lot more. And she's angry a lot. It's not your fault, Diluc. But she needs you. Goodnight."

---

After Kaeya left, Diluc decided to head to his room as well. He stood outside the room I was in, unsure of what to do.

"God, I'm still in love with her." He mumbled to himself, fighting the urge to break the door down and pull me into an embrace. "I'll... just sort this out tomorrow."

He turned around and opened the door to his own room. It was small, but cosy, and the bedsheets were made neatly. He got under the duvet and sighed deeply to himself.

I let a few minutes pass before I got out of bed. I had heard everything that Diluc said outside my door, and my heart was beating so fast that I had to calm myself down.
Slowly, I opened the door and peeked into his room. His eyes were fluttered shut and his long hair was resting on his shoulders. I pushed the door open and stepped inside, praying that he wouldn't wake up.

He was so flawless that I took a moment to just watch him sleep in awe, even if it was really creepy.
I lifted the duvet and slipped into his bed. I was facing his chest, and it felt so good to have him close to me after being away for such a long time.
I gently ran my hand across his jaw and smiled as his breathing hitched. Though my heart almost stopped working once I noticed his eyes had opened.

"Y/N...?" Diluc mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He wasn't asleep for long, luckily, but I still felt bad.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean-"
Before I could continue my sentence, he took my chin into his hand and pulled me into a kiss. I gasped; but almost instantly melted into it.

"I missed you so damn much." He whispered as we both pulled away. "What's all this about being lonely without me, hm?"

I pursed my lips and looked away in embarrassment. "I was okay at first when you left, but... more recently I just didn't want to spend any longer without you. Though, Kaeya was really worried about me so he tried to cheer me up."

Diluc smiled and pressed his lips against my cheek.
"Well, I'm here now, so there'll be no more of that, okay? I was almost thinking... that you didn't want to see me."

"Why would I think that?"

"I'm not too sure now. I suppose it's been much too long. Are you cold? Come here." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. I leaned my head on his chest and kissed it softly.

"You're so pretty in my arms like this." Diluc kissed my head; I felt him smile into it.

"You won't leave again, will you?"

"Never again, angel. I love you to the moon and back, I will never leave you, so there's no need to fret. You're the love of my life."