| Diluc

"Ah, Y/N... I don't think this is a good idea. I won't like it." Diluc mumbled, his head resting on my lap. I gathered all of his long, red hair, and smiled as he glanced up at me almost nervously.
I gently kissed his forehead and moved some hair out of his eyes with my finger.

"Can I at least try?" I asked, watching closely as he fidgeted with the hem of his shirt. "Your hair is really soft and untangled, so it won't hurt. I promise I'll be careful."
Diluc exhaled deeply and nodded.
"Okay, then... please be gentle."

Slowly, I began to stroke his locks, taking extra care not to accidentally pull it. He wasn't showing any signs of disapproval, which was a good start.
"You okay?" I whispered, to which Diluc nodded.
I ran my fingers through his silky hair, and almost immediately he closed his eyes and sighed contentedly. It was clear to me that he was enjoying it.

"I've changed my mind." Diluc started, struggling to keep his eyes open once he was looking at me. "This... is not as bad as I'd originally imagined."
I laughed and gazed back down at him. He looked so cosy, and it was nice to know I was partially the reason why.
"Is that so? Look at you, you're barely able to keep your eyes open. Do you want me to stop?"

"No, don't stop, it's nice..." Diluc replied as I continued to brush through his hair with my fingertips. He closed his dark red eyes once again as I kept going.
"Y/N..." He groaned, rubbing his sleepy eyes. "I love you... so much..."
It felt as if my heart had done about 8 flips.

"I-I love you too, Diluc..." I let go of his hair and it fell back into place. I expected him to try and get me to continue, but he didn't; in fact, I did not get any response at all. "Diluc?"
He turned his head to the side and pulled the blanket up to get more comfortable - I was worried for a split second that he was annoyed at me, but then I realized that he had fallen asleep.

"Aw, you poor thing. You work super hard, and fall asleep so quickly when you're relaxed and comfortable. It's cute." I grinned and put another soft blanket over his sleeping figure. My gaze averted to his soft lips, oh how they looked so empty without mine.
"I wanna kiss you, so badly." I kept musing some things to myself while he supposedly slept. "You're beautiful. Like, really, the prettiest person I have ever layed my eyes on."

I slowly leaned down with the intention of kissing him, but stopped as I realized it would be better to ask for his permission first.
My hair brushed against Diluc's cheek and his face scrunched up slightly, bringing a smile to my face.
Although a sudden grip on my cheeks got rid of any thoughts in my head.
The grip didn't hurt at all, instead it was gentle and loving.

"Caught you." Diluc chuckled, opening his eyes. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "Go ahead, do whatever you wanted to do so badly, I don't mind."
His voice sounded stern, but I knew him well enough to know that he was teasing. And that was unlike him.
I gulped and looked away, unable to let any words out of my mouth.
"I'm serious, Y/N - I want you to kiss me just as much as you do. Hm... in fact, perhaps I should start this one."

He suddenly sat up and pressed his hand against my cheek, before leaning in and meeting his lips with my own.
It took some time for the two of us to finally pull away from one another.
"Now, beautiful, you need to sleep. We have a long day of work ahead of us."

I groaned and threw my head back. Diluc smiled and pulled me to his chest, while holding my head to make sure I was nice and warm.
"Goodnight to you too, darling."