• Alhaitham •

[ go follow my tiktok! i post mini oneshots - the user is @oneshqtz ! sorry this chapter is kinda short ]

-

It was around 11 o'clock at night. You were laying in bed with your boyfriend, Alhaitham, but it was hard to sleep - the lamp was turned on so that he could quietly read his book before sleeping.
You rubbed your eyes and sat up, before leaning your head against his shoulder and skimming over the words with your eyes. He gently put his hand on your thigh, but didn't bat an eyelid at the weight on his shoulder.

"Are you not tired?" You asked, closing your eyes. His shoulder was unusually comfortable, perhaps even better than the pillow itself.
"Yes, I am, but I'd like to finish this chapter before I sleep. Why don't you sleep without me?" He replied, his voice slightly raspy.

"Mmm... because I want you to hold me..." You admitted, rubbing his hand with your thumb. Alhaitham turned his head to face you, smiling ever so slightly at how pretty your eyelashes looked when they were closed.
"You should go to sleep. It is late; besides, this chapter has at least seven more pages. I'll hold you tight in the morning."

You groaned and fell back, your head hitting the pillow behind you. "You always sleep in in the mornings... agh, fine, I'll sleep. Goodnight."
You sadly turned over to face the opposite way and closed your eyes again.

Alhaitham kept quiet, but he closed his book and silently placed it on the table beside the bed. He laid down and huffed.
"Would you turn the lamp off, please?"

You furrowed your eyebrows, thinking he was still reading, but reached over anyway and switched off the light. You pulled the blanket up and sighed deeply, ready to fall asleep.
He slowly moved towards you and wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling your body towards him. You felt your heart warm at the gesture.

You turned over again to face Alhaitham's chest, and after doing that he pecked his lips against your forehead. "Goodnight, Y/N. Sleep well."
You smiled and leaned your head against him, beginning to fall into a slumber.

He held the back of your head and stroked your hair, running his fingers through it.

-

In the middle of the night, you suddenly woke up.
You must have had a nightmare, as your heart was pounding and you felt your face being really warm.
Alhaitham was sleeping, you thought, because his eyes were closed and his chest was rising up and down in a specific pattern.
For a split second, you wished he was awake so that you'd feel safer - but the fact he was already holding you tight was enough.

"I love you." You whispered, reaching up to play with his hair. "I love you so much, Alhaitham. You look so peaceful when you're sleeping."

You smiled and closed your eyes once more.

...

"I love you more."