| Scaramouche

[good luck any wanderer pullers!! he seems cool but i just need my ei sjsj]

"You do understand that this is a one time thing, right?" Scaramouche spat at me as I got under the covers of his bed. "If I were in a bad mood, you'd be sleeping on the cold floor and I'd smile as you struggle to fall asleep."

"You offered. It's almost like you wanted me here." I teasingly replied with a grin. He huffed and pointed to the door.
"One more word and you're sleeping in the hallway."
I laughed at his threat; even if I were to sleep in the hallway, at least it had heating.

Scaramouche took off his hat. I hadn't seen him without one before, so of course I was staring. The death glare I instantly received was unsettling so I looked away.
"Go to sleep." He mumbled, catching my attention. "You've been busy today, and now you need get some rest."
I nodded and tried to close my eyes. I knew Scaramouche got into bed because I felt the mattress shift under his weight, and also some of the blankets on my body moved towards him.

As soon as he switched the lamp off, I instinctively reached over to put it back on - but instead I accidentally hit his shoulder.
"Ow, Y/N, the hell?!" He turned it back on and stared at me in annoyance.
"I... don't like the dark." I mumbled and looked the other way. Knowing him, he'd make fun of me.

"You're afraid of something so common?" He sighed deeply and pinched the top of his nose. "What is it exactly that frightens you?"
I shrugged my shoulders and opened my mouth to speak, but Scaramouche cut me off.
"Ugh... nevermind. You're so high maintenance. What if there was a power cut in the night?"

"Candles do exist..." I replied, rubbing my eyes. "but if I didn't have any, then... I guess I just wouldn't be able to sleep."
"Hm... I understand why you're scared. But there is no need. There is nothing in the dark that is going to hurt you."

I stared at him blankly, unconvinced. Fears are hard to overcome, after all.

"Fine. Come here."
Scaramouche lifted his arm so that I could cuddle with him for the night.
"What...?" I responded, gazing up at him. It was so uncharacteristic of him to offer something like that. He gulped, but kept his arm raised in the air.
"Decide quickly or I'm putting my arm down. If being so close to me is how you'll finally fall asleep, then so be it."

I immediately scooted closer to him and he wrapped his arm around me with a yawn.
"...Is that better?" Scaramouche asked, as he pulled my figure closer to his. "Don't mention this to anyone... or else."
I nodded and leaned my head against the former Harbinger's chest; he was incredibly warm, unexpectedly.
He reached over to turn the lamp off - the light disappeared, and he must have felt my body tense up.
"It's fine, Y/N. Nothing is going to hurt you; not while I'm here."

I wrapped my arms around his torso and tried to keep quiet.
I felt something touch my head and I panicked for a second... until I heard Scaramouche speak quietly.
"It's just me. Come on, sleep."
He gently stroked my hair while his eyes were closed, and slowly I began to calm down.

I snuggled closer to him and quietly listened to his heart, thumping in his chest. That was the thing that distracted me from what could've been lurking in the darkness.
Eventually, I fell asleep, in the arms of somebody I never thought would have subjected to such comfort.

bonus :D

A few hours into the night, Scaramouche opened his eyes and spotted me fast asleep in his arms. He smiled ever so slightly and pecked his soft lips against my head, making sure not to accidentally wake me up.
"You're so precious, Y/N..." He mumbled, resting his head on top of mine before going back to sleep.