Three

Three

Louis led me up to his room, patted my back, and muttered a 'good luck'. I couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or just plain honest.

"Last time I hang out with Ed's friends," I muttered as I slowly placed my hand on the doorknob of his room. It felt so weird. I didn't even know the boy. What was I supposed to say?

'Hey Harry, I know we've never met but your friends downstairs suggested I talk to you like I've known you for years and know exactly why you're so upset.'

Perfect.

Ed gave me a little smile as I walked up the stairs. Even if maybe there was a slim chance that I could relate to Harry, I was still nervous. I turned the cold knob slowly and quietly opened his door.

Stepping into his room, I felt suddenly very cold. Like a ghost just flew by me and blew on my neck, trying to spook me.

Harry's room was a complete mess. Clothes were all over his floor and he was lying in his unmade bed. Sheets were tangled up around him, wrinkly and probably needed to be washed. Kleenex were scattered around his room as well and it was heartbreaking sight. He was curled up in a ball, almost trying to hide from the world. I knew he was awake. He just didn't move.

Maybe a ghost was controlling him or something. He just stared straight ahead, not even acknowledging my presence.

"Harry?" I softly asked. His body tensed a bit as I bit the inside of my cheek.

He said nothing. He didn't even move. He reminded me of myself. Just wanting to be alone. Just you and your twisted thoughts.

You and your sick mind.

"I'm here if you want to talk, Harry. But I know what it's like to feel alone." I sighed, sitting on the far end of his big, messy bed.

He shifted a little so maybe I'd gotten through to him. I hoped I did. I didn't even know him very well but I didn't want him to hurt like this.

"I know what it's like to lose yourself." I chuckled dryly. "It's funny how easy it is to, yet so hard to find yourself again." I looked over at him. "It's okay if you still can't find that part of you. We all can't seem to find that part of us. It's okay to feel alone sometimes. But you have to remind yourself that you're not." I let out a big sigh, feeling like such a hypocrite. Why couldn't I apply this to my own life four years ago?

"Get out." Harry's voice made me flinch. I stared at him in disbelief. Had he completely ignored everything I just said?

Silence.

"Why are you still here?" He snapped, moving a little more. "I said get out!"

I got up from the bed reluctantly obeying his orders. My shock quickly turned to anger though. I bit my lip at whether I should lash out at him or not. Deciding quickly, I spun on my heel to see that he was still lying on his side.

"Harry, I hope you know that four of your best friends are downstairs, constantly worrying about you. And you are the most selfish, stubborn, and cold-hearted people I have ever met! You're hurting yourself and so many other people!" I started to storm out the door until I heard Harry's sheets crinkle. He was getting up and moving.

"I doubt you could say that to my face." His raspy voice echoed in my ears, making me freeze in my tracks.

I wasn't expecting that at all. I was hoping to leave dramatically, like how they did it in those really dramatic romance movies.

My breathing hitched a little but I tried to remain calm. I turned to face Harry only to see him now towering above me.

My body was pressed slightly against his and our noses were almost touching. His curls were floppy and messy, his green eyes tinged with red, and decorated with deep bags under his eyes.

Even looking like such a mess, he still looked very handsome. Even with his puffy eyes, and little frown.

"So. Say it then." He lowly whispered, sending chills down my spine. I heard a smirk in voice as I looked down at my toes, nervous.

His presence gave me chills. He seemed very intimidating, the way he challenged me, but I knew better. He was hurting. He put up this tough facade so no one would notice. It made it seem like he didn't care, so no one else would about him either.

I gulped, green eyes hypnotizing me until I snapped out of the deep effect he had on me. I shoved him back and repeated. "You're one of the most selfish, stubborn, and cold-hearted people I've ever met."

I quickly ran out of the room, hands shaking around the golden knob until I finally got it open and shut it. I immediately ran to find the nearest bathroom. I was so shaken up, feeling like I couldn't breathe.

Harry seemed dangerous. But that was the thing. He seemed dangerous. He probably wasn't but yet fact that he was so taller than me, and the way his jaw tensed as he challenged me, and his twisted smirk. It attracted me almost.

I laid slumped down on the bathroom floor just to let myself calm down. Little tears were stinging at my eyes. I wasn't really sure why I was crying. Maybe I was crying because I was rejected once again. This time by a complete stranger.

I was never much of a Directioner. I was too busy getting lost in the indie and alternative records I could get my hands on in the hospital. Still, the boys seemed like nice people. They laughed and smiled like it was okay. Maybe it was or maybe it wasn't. Everyone hurts. It's just a part of life. Maybe they were completely fine. Maybe one day I'd know if I was right or not.

I walked downstairs, hiding every trace that showed I'd been crying. Just like always.

"So, how was it?" Niall carefully asked me, looking away from the telly. I sat down next to Ed on the love seat with a little sigh.

"He just told me to get out." I shrugged. "He just seems . . . Lost."

I honestly wasn't sure if I could save Harry like the boys hoped I could. It wasn't because he was impossible and there was no hope for him. It wasn't that at all. It was that I couldn't save him.

I could love him, but not save him.

Love conquers all, but love is dangerous.

It was like those card games adults play in Vegas or parties. With love you put everything on the line, roll the dice, and hope for the best. You either win or lose it all. Maybe even lose yourself while you're at it.

Is that what happened to Harry?

Who broke him?