Ten

hiiii, how are you guys? i can't be like Dora and stare at you till you answer so just say good and if you're not good kik me or something, okay? hope all is well.

I was at a conference for like two days so sorry I couldn't update the other stories. Stupid hotel had no wifi.

I WAS CRYING.

C-R-Y-I-N-G.

I DIDN'T KNOW THE PASSWORD. Erm, but yeah. enjoy the chapter! ;D 

* * * * * 

Ten

Louis and I went back into the house, avoiding the chilly night as I shut the front door. Bellini greeted me, rubbing and running between my legs as I scratched him behind his ears. Louis smiled a little as I cooed and kissed his head like he was a baby or something. Louis chuckled a little, making me snap my head up to him.

"What? What's so funny, eh?" I smirked a little, cradling the cat in my arms just to bug him.

"Nothing." He laughed as he walked back towards the living room. I followed, Bellini still in my arms.

I plopped down next to Ed, smiling at him innocently as he gave me a funny look. All he did was sigh.

"I always knew you'd be like those crazy cat ladies."

"Nu-uh!"

"Ya-huh!"

"I just appreciate cats more than you do, Sheeran."

After some silence and snickers from all five boys, Ed grumbled.

"Give me my hoodie back." I forgot I was wearing it. Ed had given it to me when I went out with Louis for a bit.

"But, Ed, it's sooooo comfy."

"Wanna know why?" He asked, staring at the TV.

"Why?" I was curious about everything.

"It's made out of cat hair." Ed whispered as my eyes got all big.

"Sh-Shut up, Ed - He scratched the back of Bellini's neck.

"Feel how thin it is here? Used to be a bald spot."

I am very gullible. If you told me there was a tiger outside, I'd yell "Really?!" and run to check. Ed knew this and often used this against me.

"Stop! You're kidding right?" He shrugged, picking at his food on the paper plate.

"I thought you would've noticed by now. Even the hoodie smells like cat."

Zayn snickering seemed to pull me out of it.

"Y-You prick!" I punched his arm as he laughed.

"Do you really think I'd buy and wear a hoodie made of cat hair?" He asked, pretending to be hurt. He was laughing in between each word, making it hard to understand him.

"Well you were named worst dressed celebrity on - "

"We don't talk about that anymore!" Ed silenced me as I burst out into laughter.

"I don't know what's more entertaining. The movie or you two." Liam said with a laugh.

"Definitely us." Ed smiled, looking away from the TV for a second.

"How long have you two known each other?" Niall asked.

"Mmm, ummm," I looked up at the ceiling, begging it to help me with the math. "Umm, fifteen years?" I said, and smiled a little as the boys' eyes shot up in surprise. "Well, kind of eleven years since I was . . . Well, Ed you know."

"I still think of it as fifteen years."

"But you didn't even call." I stared down at my lap, feeling my smile fade.

"I still cared and thought of you."

When I looked up he had a small smile on his face, and I returned it with ease. Harry coughed.

"Are you two, erm," He started.

"No." We both said simultaneously. "No! Not at all! Oh no!"

"Single." I cleared up.

The boys all nodded in understandment, but Louis understood something else.

"Well, our baby Harry's single too." He said, a smug look on his face.

"Louis!" Harry groaned in his slow, deep voice. The boys all snickered, beginning to tease the poor boy. I felt myself blushing, Ed nudging me.

"I approve!" Niall yelled, his loud, contagious laugh echoing afterwards.

I hid my face in my hands, hiding my smile. The boys - even Harry - were laughing and joking about the whole night. Ed pulled out Monopoly since he was practically addicted to the game. I leaned my head on his shoulder, furry blanket draped around my shoulders and wrapped around me like a burrito. I jumped when Liam yelled, accusing Zayn of cheating.

"Just g-go to jail." I said, groaning as they bickered.

"And no Zayn. You're not going to jail because it's a crime to be this good looking." Ed said with a smirk. "Liam likes it." Zayn said cheekiy, making me laugh. The boys' bromances were so cute it was almost funny. "But fine! I really didn't cheat though!"

"Scarlettuce, did you see him cheat?"

I groaned, muttering 'shut up' and leaning on Louis who was sitting beside me instead.

"She's barely awake!" A chuckle followed behind. I felt Louis stroke my hair as Ed made plans to take me upstairs.

"I could." Someone offered. My ears seemed to shut as soon as my eyes did so I didn't recognize who. Eventually my body was lifted up. I'd never felt so safe. My body was gently laid down onto the soft matress of the room I was staying in and a blanket wrapped over me. I slowly opened my eyes. About to leave my room was Harry. The tall boy was about the turn the light off and shut the door.

"Thanks," I mumbled, managing a small smile even though I was quite drowsy. He gave a little nod and as he left, turning the light off.

Darkness consumed my body as I felt all alone again. My room suddenly felt cold, as if the creatures of the night snuck into my room and left the window wide open. I felt them whispering and pulling at my hair and clothes. The darkest thoughts filled my head as I wanted to scream and shove the monsters off me.

Ed would've heard me though. The boys would've been worried. 

I wrestled and tossed around the sheets until finally they left. Their claws released my body and my breathing felt normal and so much easier. The only thing that seemed to make them go away was when I thought of Harry. I remembered in the dark before he left, I could still see him smirking.

**************************************************************************************************

Scary or Harlett? That's their ship name. lol Harlett's kinda pretty, right? Maybe Scarly. Like Carly...except with an 's'. Vote, comment, fan, etc. ! Thank you so so much for all the nice comments and I've gotten such a lovely response to this story like your comments just make my day. ilysm!