Twenty Four

Scarlett's like official theme song is Electra Heart. I'm convinced. plusthatsonghasbeenonrepeatforalongtimelately

anywaays <333

Twenty Four

SCARLETT'S POV

My night was awful. I tossed and turned and silently cried until I managed to sleep. Then I woke up again at five in the morning. 

Mornings were created by the devil. I concluded as I turned over to face Harry. I flicked a couple of his curly hairs out of his face with a tiny smile. I'd ever seen him look so peaceful. He was like a Greek god. 

I wondered if I was his goddess. Did he really mean it when he called me beautiful? Did he truly love me?

Whenever I held him, I felt sad yet happy yet confused at the same time. I hoped we would never grow apart. I hoped we would never be torn apart. I hoped I wouldn't grow tired of him, which was usually happened with most guys. Some were too clingy and got on my nerves. Some weren't there enough. But Harry. There he was. 

He was never too clingy. He didn't text me every hour and even if he did I wouldn't mind. His company was appreciated. I liked him. Harry was an old soul trapped into a nineteen year old's body. 

That's how I saw Harry and I. I saw him and I in another era. Maybe the 50's. I could picture us back in the chrome decked diners and hoop skirts and leather jackets. I could see Harry and I driving up to those drive-in movies and sharing a milkshake after dancing to Elvis and the Supremes. He'd call me "doll" and I'd call him "hotshot." 

Then there was the 70's. I could picture Harry and I with our flower crowns and flowy clothing dancing to Led Zepplin and Queen until all our cares were gone.

Maybe even the 1600's. He looked like a king. He was polite and a gentleman. I could picture us in a ballroom together dancing and dancing in the grand halls. We'd take strolls in the garden while I held my parasol over me to keep me from getting too hot. He'd give me a white rose after kissing my cheek. 

These sweet visions sent me to sleep. They made it all seem okay. 

* * * * *

Harry had stirred beside me about an hour later with a grumble. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to figure out what had been happening. The Andrew Sisters were just about to play on the old radio.

"Harry?" I whispered. "W-What's wrong?" I heard him frantically running around the roo, cursing as he dug through his drawers. 

He turned to me, smiled sheepishly, and came by to kiss my head. I closed my eyes as he lingered his lips there and only pulled away when I reopened my eyes to meet his. 

"Sorry if I woke you. That meeting with Management is today."

I yawned and stretched like a cat. "It's fine." I rubbed my eyes as he threw some jeans on. "How did you sleep?" 

"Well. You?" 

"Awful." 

"Stay here then."

"Nah." 

Rule #1: Never leave Scarlett alone in an empty house.

"I don't want to drag you along to some boring meeting."

"It's fine. I'll play Plants vs. Zombies and sit in the corner." I said as I sat up fully, letting my toes dangle over the bed, the sheets still clinging around me.