Fifteen

I think this is my favorite chapter so far. idk, it's just me. :)

hopefully you understand this because my mind is weird and sometimes my hands can't like write down exactly what the weird scene in my head is so just use your imagination and hope you like it but if you don't understand, it's okay and only natural because sometimes I am confusing.

sorry my chapters are like horribly short. I write this all in a notebook and they usually come out long. oops. XP

******************************************************************************************************

Fifteen

SCARLETT'S POV

I played with the record player Harry bought me, moving the needle up and down absentmindedly.

"Ed!" I yelled suddenly after staring out the window for so long.

I could see the heavy frost growing on it. I touched the window, feeling it melt underneath the touch of my fingertips.

"Ed! Hurry up!"

In the cold morning, I saw Harry staring back at me. I saw his pale, hallowed cheeks, his cracked plump lips dying from lack of thrist, puffy eyes, and deep hurt in each pupil. I heard him call me Kitten. I saw his smirk. I wanted to touch his face, but the pane of glass separated us.

"W-What?" Ed ran in, out of breath.

"A Team. Chorus. Now."

He read my mind and recited what he had so far.

"And they say

She's in the Class A Team

Stuck in her daydream

Been this way since eighteen

But lately - "

He was singing softly but abruptly stopped. "I started to describe her face, but I'm not sure how to exactly."

Harry blinked from the other side.

"His face seems," I recited. "Slowly,"

Each word made Harry's face deteriorate even more.

"Sinking, wasting,"

I placed my hand on the glass as he slowly slipped away.

" . . . Crumbling . . . " I hissed, my other hand clenching as I wanted to break the glass to reach out and grab Harry and hold onto him just to keep him in front of me. Anger bubbled up inside me and I wanted to break the glass with my bitter flesh.

He didn't deserve a single ounce of pain. He didn't deserve this.

"Scarlett?" Ed placed a hand on my shoulder and I felt a soft jolt fly through my body, almost pulling me back into my right mind. "Scarlett, honey, you all right?"

"S-Sorry." I bit my lip as Harry disappeared. "You like the lyrics?"

He nodded and softly sang to the sweet melody. "Crumbling like . . . pastries . . . and,"

"He screams," I added until I paused. "Put your deep quote in there." I grinned.

"The worst things in life come free to us." He smiled as he scribbled down the lyrics onto a sheet of paper. "Scarlett, you know this is about a girl right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You kept saying 'he', babe."

Harry was back, smiling cockily at me.