Seven

This response i've gotten from this story is incredible. thank you so much for all the nice comments. <33 

***************************************************************************************************************

Seven

HARRY'S POV

Scarlett was gone when I woke up. After lunch, I slept for the longest time. Even after that nap, I felt exhausted. This was a kind of tired that sleep just couldn't fix. 

"Mornin'," Louis said as I walked into the kitchen, a big blanket draped lazily over my shoulders. I only had on a T-shirt and my boxers on. I was freezing. 

"Morning, Lou." I said, walking to the fridge. I didn't give him such a hard time, like I'd promised to Scarlett. I smiled a little as I pulled out some milk and a bowl and the big box of cereal. Funny how great of an effect she had on me already. 

I sat down by Lou who was flipping channels on our TV. Louis left it on one channel for too long and a gossip channel plastered pictures of Taylor and her new boyfriend Connor Maynard all over the screen. 

My throat felt like there was cotton in it and I couldn't swallow. I wanted to puke. I wanted to cry, but I forced myself not too. 

"Harry, you o -" 

"I-I'm all right." I said to Louis. "I'm fine. Just change it." 

Louis obeyed, changing it to an episode of Spongebob. My sugary cereal suddenly made me feel very sick. My head was spinning and it hurt like hell. 

"D-Do you have Scarlett's number?" I softly asked. Louis snickered. 

"Why yes I do!" He grinned at me and for the first time in a while I grinned too. "Lemme see your phone. I'll put it in for you." 

I shook my head, placing my hand over my pocket instinctively. I was always protective of my phone. Louis and I used to just easily be able to hand each other each other's phones so I knew he was a little hurt. He masked his hurt emotion well though. 

"It's, umm, here." He showed me her contact, having her down as Scarlett. I quickly copied it and started to text her. Was it too early? It was 7:52 a.m. Hopefully she'd be up. 

'Hey. it's Harry.'

She probably thinks I'm a freak. I never even asked for her number. 

'Got your number from Lou. I didn't hack your phone or anything.' 

Why was I so nervous? 

'Sorry, i'm being weird. Can we talk? :/'

I stared at the three messages for the longest time. My foot tapped impatiently against the hardwood floors and my hands were fidgeting with my spoon. I couldn't focus on the TV, Spongebob and Patrick's antics not even making me smile. I kept checking my phone, refreshing and refreshing the messages. 

Ten minutes later she called me back. 

"The right thing to do here would be to answer it, Haz." Louis said sarcastically as I glared at him. "Fine I'll do it." He snatched the phone off the coffee table and answered the call. "Hellloooo?" He sang with a mischievous smile. 

"Lou!" I reached for the phone but he moved away. 

"Yes, good morning Scarlett! How are you, love?" He put his bowl of cereal down and started to run out of the living room. "Me? I'm good!" I chased after him with a groan but couldn't help but smile to myself as I chased him around the house.