Eight

Ahh, I don't know your wattpad name but I know your twitter name! thanks to @callmechokie for a bit of inspiration for this chapter. :)  **************************************************************************************************

Eight

Ed came down a little later, very surprised to see Harry there.

"H-Hey, Harry." He waved half-heartedly.

"Scarlett, can we go up for a minute?" He jabbed his thumb up towards the stairs.

"Sure." I got out from my seat and followed Ed upstairs. He silently waited for me in his room. I gave him a little nod.

"When did Harry come?" He grasped my shoulder as soon as I stepped inside.

"You were asleep and he called around seven."

Ed grunted in response. "Tell me next time. I'm kinda in charge of you."

"Okay, but it's not like Harry's a rapist or anything." Ed said nothing. He just kissed my head and walked me back downstairs, joing Harry and I in our little breakfast. I let Ed have some of my cocoa as he tore off a bit of his bagel for Bellini, his cat.

"Oh! I wrote a little something last night." I piped up, Ed looking up at me as soon as the words spilled out.

"Sharing is caring, darling." He gave me a little grin as I giggled and ran off to get the paper, running into the living room and picking it up from the coffee table. I rushed back and handed him the note, anxiously waiting for his response.

"It's only bits and pieces. Sorry." I murmured as he continued to stare at the page. I started to get nervous. Did he like it? Did he hate it?

"No, no. I like it, Scarlett!" He grinned at me, a little glint in his eyes. "I have an idea. Where's my guitar?"

"You write with Ed?" Harry said with wide eyes.

"I go by Amy." I said with a small smile. Harry's eyes seemed to get a little bigger.

"The Songs I Wrote with Amy album! Was that you singing in the background too?"

"That was her!" Ed called from his little music room. "You cause quite a ruckus with my fans. They've been trying to figure out who you are you know."

"Really?" I laughed. "Maybe I'll finally reveal myself."

"I can say I know "Amy" now." Harry gave me a little smile as I did too.

Harry asked if maybe we could hang out sometime or hang out with him and the boys. I promised I would. He left a little while after, leaving the bagels and jam for Ed and I to finish.

"Scarlettie," Ed cooed as I jogged over to his music room. I leaned in the doorway.

"Eddie," I returned in the same tune. He patted the seat on the couch next to him and I didn't protest. I stared out the big windows surrounding the whole room. "It's nice in here."

The sun peeked through the blinds and I felt the sun hit me as I sat next to Ed in the center of the room. There was a piano on the other side and I missed playing the piano so much. There was nothing better then when you hit the keys to a soul wrenching song, and pushed down so powerfully. Each chord and note told a story. A long, strong, heartbreaking story if it was my case.

"I could just stay in here for hours, you know?" I smiled, looking at Ed as he played around on his guitar.

"Kinda how I got the inspiration for Autumn Leaves." He smirked, looking up at me. "'Cause you know, all the trees in the view here."

I laughed a little. "I got it, Ed. I got it." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Can't play this way, Scarletta." I laughed a little harder. "Why are you trying to give me more nicknames?"

"Cause it's fun, Little Red." He laughed a little. "Now tell me how this sounds."

I closed my eyes as he strummed on his guitar, feeling the passion in just the few notes that he had come up with.

"Magnífico, El Gingero." I smiled as I made the motion that most Italian chefs made when their meals were perfect, kissing my finger tips then opening them up.

"I bet I could make more nicknames with your name than you can with my name." He challenged, setting his guitar down.

"Oh it's on, Ginger." I knew I'd win this. You couldn't make many nicknames with the name Scarlett. I mean really. He's so lucky he didn't put money on this. He was about to shoot another nickname at me till my phone started ringing.

Louis.

"Scarlett, honey, was Harry just there?" Louis' accent rang through my ears. His voice was quite comforting.

"Oh, yeah. He like left a couple minutes ago." I answered, scratching the back of my neck.

"Oh okay, good. We got a little worried."

"Worried?" I scrunched up my nose a little. "How come?"

Louis sighed. "It's kind of a long story. Are you coming back over today?"

"I'm helping Ed with his album. Maybe over dinner here?"

"This is my house, woman," Ed mumbled with a laugh.

"Ed says 'yes' and would be more than happy to have you all over for dinner." I purposely said, smiling evilly at my best friend. He rolled his eyes but managed a laugh.

"You cook?" Louis asked, sounding a little amused.

"A little. Dinner tonight though will be takeout and a James Bond movie."

"But what if I don't want Chinese food?" Ed pouted childishly. He reminded me a little of Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He especially dragged out his pleas, sounding just like the spoiled brat. I could just picture him saying, 'But I want an Oompa Loompa nooooow!'

I laughed but quickly straightened up. "Or maybe Mexican, Louis. Depending on how whiney Ed's being." I gave into his request. He kissed my cheek, with a laugh then purposely leaned his head on my shoulder as he fiddled with his guitar strings.

"I'm in." He chuckled.

"See you at seven? I'll ask the boys if they want to come too."

"See you then!" We hung up and I immediately shoved Ed off me. He groaned.

"We're getting Mexican food tonight or I'm kicking you outta here, Scarlett-" He paused. "-Uce."

"What?" I was confused. He snickered as he got up and started to head out the door. "Scarlettuce. Ha! You're a vegetable!"

My face felt all red as he continued to repeat the clever nickname. I had no response, till I finally could think of something. "W-Well, you're a c-carrot! C-Carrot top!"

"No one likes green things, Scarlettuce! We all know that. Little children hate you especially at dinner time." He laughed as he marched up the stairs.

"H-Hush, Sheeran!" I yelled up the stairs after him. "You think you're so clever, but you're not, Sheeran! You're not!" I shook my head with a small laugh and saw Bellini at my feet. I bent down to reach his eye level and he cocked his head to the side. I copied him with a little smile. "At least you still love me, right Bellini?" I smiled, cooing at the cat that would never understand me. I reached out to pet him, but he immediately dashed away from my touch. Even a cat hates me.

I laughed to myself, shaking my head as I got up, knowing Bellini would love me again once I gave her her food.

"Don't worry, love. Harry still loves you, eh?" Ed had his elbow rested on the railing of the balcony as he peered down at me. I flipped him off as he guffawed.

I eventually went back into the kitchen to clean up. Even as I was cleaning up I coulnd't get my mind off about what Louis said. Seven wouldn't come quick enough. I just wanted to know why Harry was the way he was.