Nineteen

You're gonna love this one. I know you will. I know you will. ;p I had finals so I was busy studying. My updates will all be over the weekend though. I'm doing a little contest for In Between. I need baby names for the twins! But, lets focus on this story now. :) Enjoy!

#harlett or whatever we decided on ;)

Nineteen

Harry and I held hands the entire time. No one minded. I didn't and Harry didn't seem to either. The only time he moved his hand away was when he moved it around my shoulder as I rested my head on his shoulder. Sure, the boys took a couple of swipes at us, but they seemed more supportive.

I knew Harry just wanted me all to himself, but I told him if he wanted to talk to me, he had to talk to the other boys. "Kitten," he whined with the most adorable face. I just smiled and dragged him into my conversation I was having with Niall.

"You should've seen Liam this morning!" Niall said with a laugh as he jumped out of the car.

"He took the longest today." Zayn said proudly.

"What were you doing? Fixing your hair?" I teased Liam with a laugh.

"For the record, Scarlett, it's growing." Liam defended.

"Sureee, Liam." I patted his shoulder.

"I remember when I first saw his bald head," Louis smiled, quite dramatically.

"It was like shining." Harry said making us all burst out into laughter as we walked down the sidewalk.

"Maybe I can see my reflection." Louis laughed as Liam shoved him a bit.

"Rather be bald then have hair like you." Liam cleverly shot back as the boys "oohed" and laughed. Liam ruffled the Doncaster boy's hair as Louis ran off to get away. He ran into a red telephone booth and made me laugh when he said, "Get your own booth, Payne!"

Zayn and Niall didn't hesitate to get in on the fun, Niall jumping on Liam's back and Zayn dragging Louis out and getting in himself.

"Zayn, call me maybe!" Harry said, doing a little dance.

"He took my booth!" Louis yelled, making me laugh as he yanked on the knob. Louis was so entertaining.

"There's another one up there," I pointed out. Louis and I looked at each other immediately, and I saw the playful glint in his eyes.

I took off running down the street, Louis on my tail as we raced for the booth.

I was winning until someone grabbed my waist and pulled me back, Louis racing ahead.

"No!" I screamed dramatically, thrashing and kicking. "It's a scarlett red booth! it's practically mine!"

"It's hard to ditch him when you're throwing a tantrum, love." Liam said with a grin as he put me down.

"Oh." I smiled, slowly nodding. "Genius." And together we took off running.

We met up with the other three laughing boys who were down at the end of the street. Harry was happy, and I liked to see him smile.

"Hey Harry, isn't that the old bakery you worked at?" Zayn pointed up to a taller building about a block away.

Harry looked up as I stood closer to him. I reached for his hand automatically.

"Yeah." He slowly smiled. "Kitten, you hungry?" He squeezed my hand gently as I leaned my head on his arm. I was shorter than him, but I liked the fact that he was taller than me. It made me feel a little safer.

"Little." I mumbled softly, squeezing back.

"Lou, won't mind, eh?" Niall grinned.

"Nah," Zayn said with a laugh and we all started to walk together.

* * * * *

Harry was lost in his memories when he walked in. He said hello to the owner with a smile and a "Remember me?"

The owner laughed heatrily before giving him a big hug. The bakery was warm and sweet smelling and I started to feel heavier just looking at the frosting and butter on top of the deserts.

Calories automatically racked up in my head.

Baked cinnamon rolls - 700 cals.

Brownies - 200 calories each. Maybe 400 each. They were slathered in chocolate and probably made with four sticks of butter.

Skip dinner if you want that. Sheesh. The cakes and pies were lined up on their pretty little platters, looking appetizing but I couldn't have any. I'd seem like such a pig if I ate that.

Niall had ordered already. Zayn and Liam did too.

"What do you want, Kitten?" Harry leaned against the counter as I stepped up towards him. The food was making me uncomfortable. I was practically frightened to even say what I wanted.

"It's fine. I'm all right."

Harry didn't buy it. Not one bit.

"Blueberry muffin and a croissant, please."

My eyes stung.

"With, erm, two hot chocolates."

"Harry - " I tried to stop him.

"Extra whip."

I wanted to faint. The calories had racked up in my head. God, I'll put on like six pounds.

When we sat down at the table together, I wasn't sure if I was angry or grateful for him.

"You didn't have to." I said as he unwrapped the treats. Fearfully, I watched his hands.

"I know." He smiled a little. It faded though. "You're not starving yourself, right?"

I stared at the whip. It was the enemy. Food was the enemy. I did not need the food. I was stronger than the food. I am strong. I am clean. I am empty. I am -

"No. I know better, Harry." I lied. I'm an awful person. That's all.

"So do I."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I see the hurt in your eyes, Kitten. Just - " He bit his lip. "Trust me. L-Let me help."

My eyes watered. I was trying not to cry. He reached for my hand, but I slowly pulled back.

"P-Please, don't Harry." I begged, voice shaking a little.

"You're afraid of me." He whispered, almost quesitoning. "Aren't you?"

"Not of you. I'm afraid of what you do to me." A small tear rolled down my cheek and plopped down on the table.

"What do I do to you, Kitten?" His voice was soft and reassuring, wrapping around me like a blanket.

"I-I like you, Harry. I d-do, but - "

"But what?" He sounded hurt.

"I don't get close to people. I don't want to get close to s-someone I can lose."

"It would be an honor to have your heart, Scarlett."

"How do I know you won't break it?"

"Because. Love isn't a game. It's a choice, and my choice, Scarlett, is to love you."