Twenty Two

wattpad deleted some parts but it's okay. i'll try to fix it up as much as possible but don't worry, it's all good. <333

Twenty Two {no taylor swift jokes pls bc it's just not cool}

HARRY STYLES

The morning after was always the worse. Nothing started off your morning better than with crusty eyes from tears, remembering you almost killed yourself last night, and then regretting that you didn't.

It was 5:02 am. I never got any sleep. I wasn't sure I ever would until the day I died. All I wanted was peace. Some sleep. Anything to put my soul at rest.    

I made myself some tea. Was it Earl Grey or Chamomile? Gemma liked Chamomile. I hadn't seen her in ages. Maybe I'd call her up.    

She'd always been supportive of me. I'd never admit I had suicidal thoughts but I'm sure Louis had brought it to her attention about how distant I was becoming. Maybe she'd understand. Maybe she understand like Scarlett.  

I sighed as I walked out the front door. The cool air pushed me immediately and pulled me outside.   The air was so clean and fresh I could cry.  

I could breathe. I could feel the air running and coursing through my veins. I could breathe. It felt so good. I felt open and clean and human and alive. It was a wonderful feeling and I'd try to hold onto it for as long as I could.      

* * * * *    

I called my sister up for a chat when the hour seemed decent and she wouldn't scream at me over the phone.   

"Little brother?" I could heard her over the phone. She laughed. "So what the heck do you want from me?"  

"Gem," I said, with a roll of my eyes. "It's just been a while since we've talked. I just wanted to, erm, say hello."  

"Little brother - "  

"I will hang up if you call me that one more time."  

"All right, all right. Grumpy, aren't you?" She teased. "I wanna see you in person. Do you want to come over to the house?"  

"Will Mum be there?" I hadn't seen her since the wedding.  

"'Course, silly. So I'll see you over there, brother?"  

"Yeah, Gem. Love you."  

"Aww, I didn't have to pay you to say that." We both laughed a little. "Love you too. I'll see you in a bit."  

The time eventually came along. I don't remember getting ready, but I guess I showered and washed my face and got dressed. My hair always had a sort of messy look to it. I never really had to do much to it. Zayn envied me. All I had to do was wet it a bit and shake it out. I laughed to myself as I turned the bathroom light off and headed towards the stairs.  

They creaked softly under my feet until I reached the bottom. I shoved my sneakers on and jumped in my car to meet up with my two favorite girls in the world. Scarlett and my sister would probably get along finely. I'd have to bring her next time.    

* * * * *    

I knocked on the door softly, smiling down at my shoes. I was pretty excited. Often I hated going outside but today felt different. Maybe because I'd be with the women who loved me no matter what.  

"Mum! Mum! Mum!" I heard Gemma scream from the other side of the door.   

"Hey, Gemma, when someone knocks on the door, you really should let them in." I said, knowing she'd pick up my sarcasm.