Thirty Seven // Comforting Sounds

Meet Seraphina.

in·tro·vert

ˈintrəˌvərt/

noun

noun: introvert; plural noun: introverts

1.
a shy, reticent, and typically self-centered person.

An introvert is person who is wrapped up in herself. If you are extremely shy and would rather examine your feelings in your diary than have a conversation, then you are an introvert.

Silver hair. Pale pink lips. That was Seraphina Daniels.

Loud mind. Quiet demeanor. The girl had to be from Saturn.

An intergalactic princess who crashed here on Earth. An alien. A dying species. Simply not of this world.

Soft hands. Hard heart. Irregular pulse. Sharp breathing.

Everybody had something wrong with them.

Mystery girl, The voices warned. Beware. Beware.

But what would be the fun in that?

Anxiety attacks. Shrill screams. Nightmares.

Zayn got himself tangled within in her silver hair and he wasn't even afraid to smear her lipstick.

He tried to play hero. He thought he could get in her head.

She beat him at a game she wasn't even playing.

Her heartbeat became synced with his and they didn't look back from there.

* * * * *

Her spaceship landed in front of La Luna, a little French restaurant on the outskirts of town. It was swanky; perfect place to propose to a girl you thought you loved. Zayn and I slipped in without much trouble, except when I almost tripped along the pavement. Zayn steadied me, even though I wasn't the first girl on his mind.

A waiter seated Zayn and I towards the back, just as Seraphina rushed to clock in at the machine in the back. Her silver hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail and her uniform was finely wrinkled. Her shoes skidded across the floor instead of floating above them like Zayn said they usually would. She was a rocket girl. Someone you would read about in a magazine. Why she was here in La Luna? I could not understand it.

I was merely the observer. I would say things and do things that would weave together Seraphina and Zayn's possible relationship.

"This place is lovely, Zayn," I smiled, only acting out of character. My ruby red lipstick was a daring contrast to the dark atmosphere of the French cafe. Chocolate leather seats, navy blue walls, touches of subtle silverware and rich creams and olive greens. The chandeliers gave off a dim light and the ceiling appeared to be adorned with twinkling lights for stars. La Luna was magical in its very own way.

"Hi, I'm Seraphina and I'll be your server tonight," The girl's soft voice made me look up. She gave me a tiny smile before placing the salt and pepper beside the white rose and clear vase. She adjusted the crushed red pepper to the right slightly, before pulling out her small notepad. "Can I start you off with anything? Drinks?"

She spoke so softly, I almost forgot to react. "I'll have a water, please."

Seraphina bit her lip hard then turned to my "date". "And you, sir?"

"Just a water. Thank you." He said kindly, sending her a smile in case she needed one.

"I'll be back then."