Chapter-2

Say you will remember me
Standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset, babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks
Say you will see me again
Even if it is just in your wildest dreams

~Taylor Swift

•~•

"Bhai, I told you I won't tell you where she is." Pallavi said, exasperated at her brother, who yet again came in her room to know about Aadhya's whereabouts.

"But why? I want to apologize. I can't live my life with this guilt."

"I know that, bhai, but she isn't ready to meet you. She hates you and she needs time to think about everything."

Arhaan sighed and left the room without saying another word.

That was Arhaan and Pallavi's everyday routine since 3 years. Arhaan would pester his sister to tell about Aadhya's whereabouts every morning and Pallavi would refuse every damn time.

Pallavi felt genuinely bad for her brother but she knew she couldn't do anything to help him. She was the one who comforted Aadhya whenever she came crying in her room because of the toxic family or her husband.

She knew how much Aadhya had gone through in that mansion and she definitely didn't want Aadhya's past to come haunt her now when everything was back on track.

Pallavi sighed and continued reading her book which she was reading before her brother came to bother her.

Arhaan also stepped inside his room and stripped out of his clothes. He let the cold water drown all his worries and fears, thinking about the time when—if— he would meet his wife.

He knew that what he did was very wrong and he was ready to beg for her forgiveness if that was what she was expecting.

Heck, he would even kill himself if Aadhya would say so.
He was so habitual of her presence that when she left, it didn't feel right.

He realised his mistake the day his sister confronted him about his behaviour and that was a day before his wife gave him the divorce papers.

Initially, he didn't wish to sign the papers but he knew that she needed all the time in the world to think about everything. He knew that it was necessary to let her go. But the thing he didn't know was that she would leave this city, forever.

He tried to track her phone but she had changed her number. He even hired spies to know about her location. He did everything in his power to know something, anything about her, but to no avail.

Eventually, he gave up. But 3 years ago, he got to know that his sister knew about his wife's location. He bribed, begged and pleaded his sister to tell him anything about Aadhya but she refused.

When Arhaan came out of the bathroom, his phone started ringing.

He accepted the call and barked at whoever was on the other side,"What do you want?"

"Sir, a school in Delhi has requested you to attend their Annual Function as their chief guest."

"And you are telling me this because?"

"I-I thought that you would be interested in going there."

"I don't have time for this shit, Ms. Sharma. Do not bother me with these things ever again. Am I clear?"

"Y-yes sir." With that, Arhaan cut the call and grumbled underneath his breath about how stupid his employees were.

Just as he was about to change, he heard a knock and he grumbled in frustration before telling that person to wait for a few minutes.

He wore a midnight blue tuxedo, looking handsome as ever. His hair gelled back with perfection.

When he was ready, he told the person to come in. And he was shocked to see Pallavi standing there.

Pallavi and Arhaan's relation was just like any normal brother and sister. Arhaan was a villain for the whole world but he was a hero for Pallavi. She loved her brother more than herself.

Arhaan was shocked to see her because it had been 6 years since they had a normal conversation. Since they behaved like normal siblings.

When Pallavi got to know about his behaviour towards his wife, she started ignoring her brother because she was disappointed and angry at him.
Pallavi never talked to her brother unless and until it was necessary. But this was the first time, after 6 years, she came inside that room.

"Pallavi? What happened? What are you doing here?"

"You got an invitation to go to a school's Annual Function as their chief guest."

"I am aware of that. How do you know?"

"Umm– well, I kinda heard it."

"So, you were eavesdropping, hmm?" Arhaan asked, amused at his sister.

"Well, not exactly. Anyways, I came here to suggest that you should go. You don't want to miss the opportunity."

"Which opportunity? What are you talking about?"

"That, my dear brother, is for me to know and for you to find out." Pallavi winked at her brother playfully and got out of the room before her dear brother could question her.

'Ajib ladki hai.' he thought and messaged his assistant about his sudden change of mind.

He never said that out loud, but he loved his sister just as much as she loved him.

After grabbing his phone and wallet, he descended the huge staircase and got down to the dining area to have his breakfast which consisted of a pancake and black coffee. Nothing more, nothing less.

As their parents had an arranged marriage too, their family was never a loving one. His mother and father never bothered to love each other because Arhaan's father never believed in those bullshit fairy tales.

He wanted Pallavi to marry at the age of 18. He had planned Pallavi's future the same as their forsaken mother. But Arhaan refused. He did not want his sister to marry a guy whose thinking was the same as his sperm donor.

They had a huge fight at that time and Arhaan threatened to leave this house with Pallavi if he arranged her marriage.

Arhaan's parents were selfish enough to not let him stay away from them, so they agreed. Arhaan paid Pallavi's fees and enrolled her in a good college.

Now, at the age of 25, she was a proud criminal lawyer and was helping people get justice. If she wanted, she could have got out of that house and lived a luxurious life but she loved her brother. She did not wish to live without him and she knew that her brother couldn't leave that mansion because he made a deal with their father about not leaving if he cancelled Pallavi's wedding.

After breakfast, Arhaan made his way to his car and drove off to his office, all the while thinking about a certain someone and wondering if he would ever be able to see her again.

Little did he know, he was going to meet her soon. Sooner than he had ever even imagined.