Chapter-47

"So, you are now Rahul's fiancé?" Akshay spat venomously.

It was no wonder that he hated Sarah. She broke his best friend's heart, after all. Of course, he would hate her.

"No." She replied softly, which shocked Akshay and Arhaan to no extent.

Earlier, when they were in high school, her tone and aura emitted arrogance, which was non-existant now.

How much had she changed!

"Oh! So, whom are you dating now? Another man with power and money?" That was a direct blow to her.

"I am single."

Rachit didn't like how Akshay was conversing with that woman, but he didn't dare to pry. He knew that Akshay's every actions were justified.

If the usual joker was treating a woman that way, then she must have deserved that treatment.

Besides, this beautiful woman didn't look like someone who would take just anybody's crap like that. So, if she believed that she deserved that kind of treatment, who was he to say otherwise?

Akshay rolled his eyes and kept quiet the whole car ride to the hospital.

Once they reached, Arhaan ran inside with Aadhya in his arms once again and called for the doctor.

The nurses came rushing towards him and Aadhya was laid down on the stretcher they brought with them.

Then, she was admitted to the Operation Theatre and Sarah was given immediate medical attention by one of the nurses who brought the stretcher.

By the time the nurse finished dressing up her wounds, it was already night.

She had stepped out of the room to check up on Aadhya, but her surgery was still ongoing.

So, she came back into her room and slept, praying to the Almighty to save her one and only friend.

***

"Everything will be fine, bro." Akshay kept a hand on Arhaan's shoulder.

Arhaan was so tense that he couldn't do anything except sit there and watch the white tiles of the hospital floor.

He was afraid, nervous and sad at the same time.

The doctor had told him that his wife was out of danger and she would be fine in no time, but he just couldn't stop the what ifs from popping into his head.

He was never the one to over-think. He didn't really get time to, for he was always so busy. But now that he was sitting idly, he couldn't stop the pessimist thoughts from coming into his mind.

He was scared, terrified even, to lose her and that was no wonder from the way he was behaving from the past days.

The doctor stepped out from OT and the three men rushed out to her.

"What are your relations to the patient?" The male doctor asked.

"I am her husband."

"Oh! The patient is out of danger for now, but we will keep her under observation to make sure she isn't severely injured."

"When can she be discharged?"

"That will depend on her recovery. Excuse me, please." He stepped aside from them and entered the ward next to the OT to check on the other patient.