Chapter-44

Pallavi sat up in shock when she read the message.

An immeasurable amount of fear gripped her heart, and she called her brother immediately.

When he didn't pick up, she called again and again and again until his phone suddenly got switched off. 

She couldn't leave the house and let the little boy stay alone. What if that person came here and kidnapped her nephew while she was away? She could not trust anybody with the safety of Aayansh, who was sleeping peacefully beside Pallavi.

When Arhaan didn't pick up, she called Aadhya in the hopes that she was still with her husband and not with the stupid person who threatened her with Aadhya's safety.

"Hello?" Aadhya's sweet voice was like water to a flame.

It gave her immense relief to know that she still had time to warn her best friend.

"Hello, bhabhi. Where is bhai?"

"He is with Mr. Alvarez. Why? Are you fine? Is Aayansh fine?"

"Yes, we both are okay. But you are not. You need to come home soon."

"Hello? I can't hear you. There's very poor connection over here. I will talk to you later, okay?"

"No, wait—" But the phone had already been cut off.

She didn't know what to do. She was helpless, and desperate to do anything to save Aadhya.

So, she called Rachit. Simply because she didn't know what to do anymore.

"Pallavi? What's wrong?" His concern filled voice reached her ears which made her sigh.

"I received a message. A threat message, about bhabhi. And I don't know what to do. If it's not a bother, can you come over here?"

"Of course. You are never a bother for me, sweetheart. I am glad you called me to comfort you." He was already on his way to Ahuja Mansion when he received her call.

"Thank you." She cut the call and sat on her bed with a heavy sigh.

***

"Arhaan?" Aadhya whispered to her husband who was standing next to her, talking with Carmen and Felix.

"Yeah?" He diverted his attention to his wife, who kept glancing at him from time to time.

She thought he wouldn't notice how she kept fidgeting with her fingers, or how nervous she looked, but he did.

"Pallavi called. She was sounding so worried. I think we should go."

"Okay." He nodded, but before they could even think to take a step, someone fired a shot toward a table kept beside them.

'I should have known his intentions from the start. Dammit.' He clenched his fists and pulled out a gun from his waistband, while securing Aadhya with his huge body.

"Carmen, you take the women to any of the safe rooms and Felix and I will take care of this situation." Arhaan ordered while holding Aadhya's arm who was unfazed by whatever was happening.

"Okay." Carmen nodded and told the women to follow him.

"Thank goodness, Emma didn't come here. It would have taken a toll on her had she been here." Sofia said to Aadhya, who nodded in response.