Chapter-52

Today was the day of the decision. The decision which was anticipated by Arhaan the most.

He was scared, excited, nervous, all at the same time. He didn't know what Aadhya would choose to do, and he would have to accept her decision whether he liked it or not. That was the condition.

The living room was turned into a court room, and everybody was present. Even Rachit, who usually didn't give two shits about anything except his beautiful girlfriend, simply because he was curious.

And, as much as he would refuse to admit, he would feel a lot bad for his future brother-in-law if Aadhya refused to stay with him as his wife.

"Are you okay, brother?" Pallavi asked when she saw Arhaan stepping down from the last stair and sitting on a chair.

"Yes." He cleared his throat.

"Don't be nervous. I am sure she will do what her heart wants her to do. She always listens to her heart."

"And what does her heart wants her to do?"

"How would I know that? Ask yourself. Her heart belongs to you." She winked.

"Kuch bhi matlab. Now go away before I kick you out."

"Rude ass." She muttered, displeased by his brother before making her way to her boyfriend who welcomed her with open arms and a lot of kisses, much to Arhaan's annoyance.

But he didn't say anything. He couldn't, for he was so nervous that no words could escape his mouth.

"Papa? Where is mumma?" Aayansh, who had turned 4 just two days before, asked his father.

Arhaan shook his head, sighed and put his son on his lap.
"I don't know, buddy. She must be coming down any minute now."

"Why is Rachit uncle here? I don't like him. He's not good to me."

"Why? Did he trouble you? Did he do anything to you?" He frowned, ready to kick Rachit's sorry ass if he did anything to his son.

"No, but he didn't try to talk to me either. He's intimating."

"You mean, intimidating?"

"Yes, that."

"Oh, that's fine. If he doesn't talk to you, then you do. I am sure he will warm up to you in a few days."

"Okay." Aayansh happily kissed his father's cheek who chuckled and kissed his son's forehead.

Talking to Aayansh proved to be a distraction from the nervousness, but it returned ten fold when Aadhya came in his line of sight wearing a beautiful purple dress which flowed down her knees.

"Acha, buddy, if your mother takes you away from me, will you promise me to meet me once a week?"

"Why will she take me away?"

"Just answer."

"Okay. If she does, I will meet you thrice a week."

"Promise?"

"Pinky promise."

"Also, don't let your mother marry an arrogant man. Make sure he is a good guy, and then let her marry him."

"Why will she marry another man?"

"Okay?" He ignored Aayansh's question and probed him to answer instead.

"Okay, papa. But you are scaring me. What's happening?"

"Nothing. Now, go to your room, please."