Chapter-32

The whole Ahuja mansion was in chaos the next morning.

Every single person was roaming around, doing one thing or the other for Mr. and Mrs. Ahuja were coming here for the first time ever.

"Clean this area. I don't want even a speck of dust." The head maid said to the other maids who were busy cleaning the kitchen.

"Why are we even cleaning the kitchen? It's not like Mrs. Ahuja is going to come here and check it out." One of the maids mumbled.

"She will. She is going to check each and every thing. So, unless you want to get fired, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and work." The head of the maids glared at her co-worker.

She was not the one to snap and glare at other maids, but the arrival of Yashini Ahuja made her change her behavior.

"What happened? Why are you in such a foul mood?" Aadhya's voice startled the maids. They looked at her and then resumed working again after finding that the feminine voice was not of Mrs. Cruel Ahuja.

"Mrs. Yashini Ahuja is coming here. How can anyone not be in a foul mood?" Rama— the head maid— who had developed a good relation with Aadhya over the last couple of days said.

Aadhya laughed and picked up an apple before walking away because if Pallavi saw her roaming around like this, she would surely eat her head.

Just as she opened the door of his room, the main door of the mansion burst open to reveal Viraj and Yashini Ahuja.

As his room was on the upper floor, she could easily see the commotion going down in the living room.

"Hey, you. Carry our luggages to the room beside my son's room." Yashini ordered to one of the maids.

The maid bowed her head and moved forward to take their luggage but stopped when she saw Arhaan standing on the doorstep.

Yashini was about to yell at the maid when she saw her son looking at her with his cold eyes.

"Oh, son. I missed you so much. Why didn't you visit us?" Yashini started her drama as soon as she saw her son.

She had to pretend to be a good person to stay in his good books because if she didn't, then the consequences wouldn't be so nice.

"I was busy." His curt reply sent shivers down her spine.

"How have you been, son?" Viraj asked.

"Fine. Carry your own luggages. Don't bother other people about such petty things. They are busy with the wedding preparations. And, mom, make sure you choose a room far away from our room."

'Our? What has gotten into him? He was not like this before. He even took side of the maids. Is he suffering from fever?' Aadhya thought as she saw the drama unfolding in front of her eyes.

"Oh, sure. Uh– where's your future wife, by the way? Shouldn't she be here to welcome her future in-laws?" Yashini mumbled nervously.

"She is busy. She has got more important work to do than welcome you guys."

'If only he was not so powerful. I would have already shut his mouth. How dare he humiliate me like that?' She thought as she moved around the living room with her luggage.

Aadhya chuckled and was about to turn around when she felt strong arms around her waist.

"What are you laughing at?" Arhaan whispered.

"Nothing. Leave me."

He sighed and said,"No. You got to meet my parents."

"I don't want to."