Chapter-9

Aadhya was feeding Aayansh when she heard the doorbell ringing.

She put the last morsel inside Aayansh's mouth, washed her hands and moved towards the door to open it.

"Missed me?" The person who was on the other side of the door said in a smug voice.

Aadhya's jaw dropped and she squealed in happiness. She immediately hugged that person and asked in a surprised tone,"Pallavi? What are you doing here?"

Pallavi pouted and said,"Why? Didn't you like my unexpected visit?"

"Like? I loved it, you idiot. Do you even know how much lonely I was here without you?"

"Aww! I missed you too. Now, can you please let me enter inside your humble abode?"

"More like my lonely abode." Aadhya chuckled and stepped aside to let Pallavi in.

Aadhya took hold of her suitcase and kept it inside her other room.

Aadhya's apartment was quite lavish, with 2 bedrooms, a living room and a kitchen. She also had a home theater which remained unused until Pallavi came to live.

She came out when she heard Aayansh's giggle and smiled a bit seeing her best friend playing with her son.

"Pallavi, are you hungry? I have made sandwiches for dinner." Aadhya asked as she got to the kitchen to make the sandwich.

"Yes please. I am dog-tired and I just wish to sleep my ass off. Plus the food was fucking expensive."

"Come on. You still see the prices of the products? Your brother is a billionaire and you are a famous lawyer. You have got enough money."

"That doesn't mean I will waste it."

Aadhya hummed and continued making the sandwich.

"Need any help?" Pallavi asked while back-hugging her best friend.

"Nah. I am almost done. You sit on the couch and I will come with the dinner. Oh! And please put Aayansh to bed. It's past his bedtime."

"Sure. Come on, kiddo. Let's go to sleep."

"I don't wanna sleep. I want to play with you."

"We will play tomorrow, Aayansh. It's already past your bedtime."

"But—"

"If you don't want to hear your mother's lecture then I suggest you to sleep."

"Fine." The little guy grumbled and stomped towards his room, with Pallavi following him.

After a few minutes, Pallavi entered the living room and sat on the couch. She turned on the television and surfed through random movies and series on Netflix.

When Aadhya entered with two plates full of sandwiches in her hand, Pallavi had already put on a random series whose name she hadn't bothered to see.

"Yum! This is freaking delicious." Pallavi moaned and Aadhya thanked her.

After finishing their dinner, Aadhya took their plates back inside and Pallavi switched off the television.

"So, how are you?"

She chuckled and said,"You saw me right? I am fine."

"No. I mean, how are you really feeling?"

Pallavi didn't fail to notice how Aadhya's smile suddenly started depicting desolation. She shrugged,"I don't know. Lonely, sad, a bit happy."

"Well. I am glad you've got a bit of happiness in your gloomy life."

"And you know what, I made a new friend. She is also my colleague."