Chapter-29

"I hate you, Arhaan Ahuja."

"I hate you, Arhaan."

"I hate you."

"Hate you."

These words kept Arhaan awake the whole night. No matter how much he wanted to forget them, he couldn't. He couldn't forget Aadhya's crying face and her hurtful words. But what he was doing was important.

The whole business world knew about the woman living under Arhaan's roof and it was a matter of time before everyone knows about her name.

He called his only best friend's number and waited for him to pick up his phone.

"What the fuck, asshole? Why did you call me in the middle of the night?" Akshay groaned

"Because I wanted to."

"Shut up. What do you want?"

"Want to get a drink?"

"Sure. Meet you at our usual spot in 15."

"Okay." He cut the call and looked at the couch in the corner of the room where Aadhya was asleep.

She refused to sleep on the same bed as Arhaan so, she had no choice than to sleep on the couch.

Arhaan sighed and collected his phone, keys and wallet before making his way down the stairs.

He opened the door as quietly as he could and stepped out.

The car was already parked in front of the mansion so, he just sat inside and drove off to the secluded part of the city which had become his and Akshay's usual spot over the years.

Even though Arhaan never admitted it, he was quite grateful to have Akshay in his life because without him, he was sure that he was going to turn into an alcoholic asshole after his best friend of 7 years fucked his girlfriend of 2 years.

Akshay was already waiting for him when he stopped his car near a cliff.

"Hey, bro." Akshay stepped forward and hugged his best friend who tried to push him away but stopped when Akshay tightened his hold on him.

"Stay away. Don't hug me." He frowned.

"Yeah, right. Only Aadhya has the right to hug you. I forgot." He teased.

"Shut up before I push you off this cliff."

"Why? Are you going to blush?"

"You asshole. Shut the fuck up and show me what you got."

"I got your favourite drinks. And some snacks."

"Good."

He stepped forward and sat on the edge of the cliff and Akshay followed his suit.

He opened a beer bottle, took a sip and forwarded it to Arhaan who finished half of the bottle in one sip.

"Woah! What stuck up your ass and died?"

"Shut up."

"No, seriously. What made you so grumpy? Not that you aren't one."

"Shut the fuck up before I castrate you."

"Then who will do your dirty work for you?"

"Akshay—"

"Fine. I surrender. Now, tell me, what's wrong? You only call me for drinks when something is wrong."

"It's just," He sighed, then continued,"Aadhya said that she hates me."

"Why wouldn't she? After what you did to her, you can't expect her to love you."