Chapter-16

Delhi was going through a severe winter season, making the residents shiver because of the harsh winds.

The momentum of the wind was so strong that one could feel the wind slapping their faces even when they were just walking.

Even the rays of the Sun was not helping in increasing the temperature.

And, in this season, Aadhya was walking down the lane to the corner where there was a cute café. As promised, she had ordered Anika to come there as she wanted her new friend to meet someone very dear to her.

As she reached nearer, she saw Pallavi and her son standing outside the café.

"We were waiting for you since ages, Aadhya. Where were you?"

"Sorry. There was some urgent work I had to complete. Let's go inside?"

"Yup."

They stepped their foot inside the threshold of the café and sat on a table far away from the door.

Just when they were about to order something, the door burst open and came in Anika.

She quickly found her new friend and walked over to their table.

"Hi! I am Anika Sharma."

"I am Pallavi. Nice to meet you."

"Same here. Now, Aadhya, scoot. I want to sit beside this cutie pie."
So, Anika sat between Aadhya and her son. "Is he your son?" She asked Pallavi.

"No. He is my son."

"Oh! I didn't know you were married." She raised her brows.

"I am not."

"Uh- that guy must be an asshole."

Pallavi nodded,"He is. Anyways, Aadhya told me that you and I will be best friends. So, how about we get to know each other till the time I am here?"

"Sounds great to me. So, tell me about your favourite colour."

And so, the talk went on for hours. They talked about their likes, dislikes, carrier, love lives. They even talked about their shitty exes and roasted them, because, come on, who doesn't like to back-bitch their ex?

The conversation was, then, pulled to Pallavi's family. Due to the cap and mask that she wore, Anika was not able to recognise the very famous lawyer.

When she asked why Pallavi had covered her mouth, she said,"I am Pallavi Ahuja. Arhaan Ahuja's sister."

"Oh my God! I am talking to a literal celebrity? Why didn't you tell me, Aadhya? I would have been more appropriate. I am so sorry. I probably bored you with my rambling."

"No, it's okay. Just pretend that I am not a celebrity, alright?"

"Alright. So, where were we? Yeah. On Aadhya's ex, right? Who was your ex-crush or ex-boyfriend?"

"No-one. I haven't been in a relationship since forever."

"Oh, come on. There must be one, no?"

"No."

Anika scrunched her brows in suspicion but didn't push it. She didn't want to make her friend uncomfortable.

And, like a good friend, she abruptly changed the topic to the upcoming television series, making Aadhya sigh in relief.

And, for the next few hours, they talked about the cast of the series until Aadhya got a phone call from the school regarding the Annual Function.

She thoroughly apologised to Pallavi, kissed her son's cheeks and pulled Anika to accompany her.