Chapter two: Kisses

Eric POV:

That was a sloppy kiss. Yet I didn't regret it.

I was invited out with my guys. It has been a while since I've been out.

Especially since the passing of my wife. We laughed, drank, and talked about the past.

I saw someone approaching our table. When suddenly I was held by the collar and dragged down.

She paused, looked into my eyes, and deepened the kiss.

Maybe she wanted consent when she looked into my eyes.

It was sloppy, yet it wasn't fake like my wife's kiss.

She pulled away, walking in the direction of the bathroom.

I sat down when I realized she had dropped her phone.

I quickly caught up to her and handed her the phone.

And of course, she thought that I was interested in her.

I put her in her place, of course, and walked back to my friends.

The night was taking a toll on me. So shortly after, I left to prepare for work the following day.

Jessie POV:

I woke to headaches, sore feet from wearing heels, and swollen eyes from crying my heart out. For God knows what.

It's already quarter past nine, and I've missed the first bus.

I know for sure that my boss is going to kill me.

For being late. But I was his best employee, so who cares? I got dressed and quickly headed through the door.

I saw a black car on my way to work. He pulled over.

"You're the girl who kissed Eric last night. Right?" Ugh, why has my day had to start so negatively?

"Maybe, why? You want to be kissed too?" I said before that I was walking faster.

"I'll give you a ride." I work at the nearby cafe shop around here.

"I did want to walk the rest of the way. Yet my mother did warn me about strangers.

"Wait a minute," I said. Before pulling out my phone to take a picture of his car and his license plate.

To send to my mother's phone.

Getting kidnapped and killed is the last thing on my mind right now.

I got in. We drove to a cafe in silence. "Oh, I own this place," he turned to me and said.

"Well, that's wonderful. But who cares?" I asked.

"I just thought you needed to know. A thank you would do, do you know?" the stranger said.

"Thank you, Mr. Stranger," I said before running towards my workplace.

I did what I was told. Despite the constant screaming and scolding my boss did,

~School~

"Stop right there, Ms. Wang," my teacher said. I looked up to see if it was my new teacher.

The same guy I kissed at the club "Good morning, sir; I lost track of the time," I said.

Before sitting in my seat, it was a lame excuse, yet it is true.

I was a bit nervous, yet I kept my composure. The class session was over.

I quickly picked up my books to leave. "Ms.

Wang, may I have a word with you?" I stopped in my tracks to look at the now-provoked professor.

"Yes, sir?" I said as I looked around. Trying as best as possible to avoid eye content.